Saturday, October 4, 2008

Page 398 (9/27/2008) The big brother




And so... two more small Warriors were born to the Tuchuks. Brother's... Sister's.. Father.. all present. The Sky (and the roll of dice) has a funny way of making up for past mistakes. Shi and I were gifted two beautiful boys. A first for Him.. and even me. Yes Me. You would think with all my kids.. how could I have a first anything? Twins of the same sex.


Much of the day I dont remember... but I do remember the moment Shi came into our wagon.. silent but with a determined look on His face. He picked me up gently and took me to Goldstar. It was here.. He said that He began life as a Tuchuk... and it was here.. that His children would begin as well. He gathered all the kids... giving them jobs... making sure each one wouldnt feel left out. But to all our surprise.. Wily was told He had an even more special job to do soon. I had no idea what Shi was up too... and at that moment.. I didnt really care. I was focused on delivering.. and trying to guide my eldest daughter with Her first birth. Shanay had cared for me... helping with the labor that was growing intense as darkness began to set in. A few times.. She questioned Her skills as a healer in study. Shi was wonderful.. encouraging Her.. guiding Her when I was unable to... and I know the two have a deeper respect and bond now because of it. I started to grow tired... even wondering if I could do this... I think every Mother says that during labor. But I was lucky to be answered with my Mate beside me... laying a hand to my belly.. and His other to my cheek. He gave me the strenght I needed to bring these babes into the world. Finally.. with Shi's help.. Shanay delivered the first to a cry of lung clearing whails. Shi lay the baby to my chest while He helped with the second. Every child within the wagon watched in amazement. Talia cried with happiness... Wily was thrilled He had more brother's... Starr gloated with Her prediction coming true... Mia and Sonny smiled... being a big brother and sister now. Shanay rested... wiping tears from Her cheeks while outside.. Her brother Dakota.. whooped it up with all the Men. Silence then swept around the wagon as Shi handed one baby to Wily and took the other into His arms.. He instructed Wily to follow Him. From where I rested.. I could see outside.. those that had gathered.. and my two Men with the newborns. Watching as Shi offered the baby up to the Sky... my lil Wily Man copied His every move. Shi asked for guidence and protection... and to welcome our son's to the people. Shi asked for no harm to befall them and give them strenght. When Shi looked down to Wily.. that little redheaded Tuchuk added in closing... or you will deal with the big brother. A bold threat from such a young Man... but Wily meant it. Shi chuckled as they brought the babes back to me and I now held these two beautiful boys in each arm. The children left us to ourselves and we stared in awe at what we had been given. Such perfect fingers and toes... strong arms and lungs... soft smooth cheeks that one day will be colored with the scars of our people. Each boy has dark red hair.. and I can see Shi in their tiny faces already. Both boys rested before growing hungry.. and with Shi's help they nursed for a time before falling asleep. I lay in the furs.. the babies sleeping swaddled between us. My hand rested over the boy's backs... Shi's hand over mine. When I looked over.. Shi was smiling... but asleep. His fingers gently stroking the back of my hand.
I wasnt sure what I did to deserve this... Im not sure I do.
But right now.. its pretty damn perfect.
Wouldnt you say?

No comments: