Seth's hand is improving with remarkable speed. I am so happy that I got the medicines He needed. I shudder to think of what would have happened had I waited any longer... and just gave my own remedies "a few more days" to work. He came to see me last night... I was feeling a bit worn down and sluggish. My head was resting in my hands... and laying against my knees as I sat on the steps of the wagon.. He came up to me and tapped my knee. Needless to say.. I was happy to see Him and gave Him a hug to prove it. He smells like the plains.. like a plainsman... a Commander. I never really thought about the smells... until I was so close to Him. Describing it to someone that does not live here.. might turn their noses and crinkle their faces up... just as the sweet.. flowery scents the dweller women wear make us Tuchuk turn green. But a Tuchuk Man.. smells of dirt.. grass.. bosk... kaiila... air.. ash.. smoke.. fire... leather... an endless list. Each scent distinct and immediately recognizable. To me .. Seth is like all the elements wrapped up in a very nice package.
He and Wily have been spending much time together at the Forge. I am so happy in the path Wily has taken and just as thankful to Seth for guiding my little Bug. From a pocket in His jacket.. Seth produced a small pouch and handed it to me. Upon opening it.. a ring rolled out into my palm. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. He told me that it was a gift of His promise to me. To care for me... to love me and to provide for me and my children till we both breath no more. He also said He had help in making the ring.. and I did not press further.. but something told me Wily had taken part in it. This made it all the more special. I know now why Seth had been so interested in my hands of late.. He always sought to hold it and He constantly took to feeling my fingers. This seemed an innocent and totally absent thing to do.. but Im sure now.. He was sizing up my finger. It worked. Aside from the calming and loving gesture of holding my hand.. the ring fit perfectly. I was beyond words at the gesture and the love He put into it. My night was spent as all my nights when He gives me a gift... looking at it and thanking the Skies for bringing Him to me.
Today I was able to meet up with Kam and Leonette. Chatting with them was nice and Leonette seems to like my nickname for Her... Nette. During our conversations... Kam told me I was in trouble. I was surprised... I had been so good and I was getting upset that something had happened... when Kam told me that I had left the Harigga without telling Him. Ack. Yes.. it was true.. I had entrusted the information to be passed on when I should have left Kam a note. He doesnt like to worry... and I shouldnt have put Him in that position. I did explain myself and I appologized. I will remember to send Him word if and when I ever need to leave again. Even on such an emergency basis. He told me to make sure I didnt make Him worry again and I promised not to. He seemed satisified with what had been done and I was feeling better. He did threaten to turn my ass as red as my hair... a long time standing threat between us. This is one.. I hope never comes to revelation. I've heard about His spankings.. and I dont ever want to experience one. Ever. Never. Nope. Nhut Un.
Its been a good day in Silkenville.
I plan on many many more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment