Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 288 (2/7/2008) Presenting... me

It was too late to turn back now. Darkness... pitch black... couldnt see my hand infront of my face blackness had fallen. Alpha was tired.. I was dead on my arse in the saddle. I was cold... but couldnt risk lighting a fire in fear of Raiders seeing it... something Shi taught me. I shoulda planned better. So wrapping my cloak around me.. I lay over the saddle with my head on Alpha's neck. Damn.. Seth was gonna be pissed.
My heart was on fire suddenly.
How mad was He gonna be? He already said I was His... He already laid claim to me. Now Ive gone and done this. Has anyone but me.. felt the need to just run?? To just escape it all? Or was I some abomination... an oddity... Who knew. I miss Seth. Is He worried about me?
My heart cooled... Froze.
I sat up and turned in the saddle. Grabbed the reins and spoke to Alpha.. "Come on ole boy.. a slow walk... let's go home." My kaiila nudged forward slowly. For whatever reason... I pulled my dagger.. placing the tip to inside of my forearm. The rocking of the pace Alpha kept dug the sharp edge into my flesh... I winced and drew a chilly breath in as a single drop of blood pools on my skin. I drew the blade down further... more blood. Seth..................
Release... warmth.
I started to sway in the saddle.. my head felt lighter than the rest of my body and I thought I would throw up. Slumping over Alpha's neck... I hung over the beast as it walked back home.
Seth... Im sorry.

No comments: