My hand bandaged.. I exited the wagon in the morning and immediately looked under my wagon. Seth promised that once His duty was over on the North Ridge.. He would return to sleep under my wagon. I checked the nearby fires.. the trenches.. the stream.. everywhere and finally decided to walk to the Ridge. The trek was slow going with all the muck and mud.. several times my foot came out of my boot in the suction to which I cursed rather loudly. Finally gaining the climb to the top of the Ridge.. I spotted Seth sitting on the ground. I started to call to Him and frowned as I got no response. The further I approached.. I saw others around Him. I started to run.. not really taking notice of the Men.. my concern being Seth and what was wrong. When I rounded the front and looked down at Him.. I saw Him bound in chains.. gagged and beaten severely. He was bleeding profusely. "What happened !!!! " I nearly screamed as I dropped to my knees and lay a comforting hand to His cheek. This did not last long.. I was grabbed rather roughly by the braid and yanked to my feet. Turned to look into the eyes of a nasty looking Man. "Raiders... " I whispered and started screaming. My voice was cut off by a sudden slap to the face.. my head twisting with the force to the side and a few vertabre popped. My knees felt like rubber.. but I was held up by the hair. Seth tried to lunge forward at the Man that held me. He was thrown back to the sickening rattle of chains.. I whimpered and closed my eyes. Another Man grabbed me by the throat and threw me to the ground beside Seth. I tried to curl beside Him... He did His best to protect me.. almost covering me with His body. But we were torn apart and left to face each other. We spoke with our eyes... and I felt the tears begin to slip down my cheeks. The Raiders spoke among themselves.. laughing and poking at me now and then. Seth growled.. and each time was struck again with the hilt of a sword. Finally.. Two Men approached. One grabbed Seth and set Him to sit on the ground upright.. the Man's sword then slid from the sheath with a spine tingling shiver. It was placed to Seth's throat. I tried to scream.. but the other Man.. obviously the leader of this group came to crouch before me. His voice was soft.. almost reassuring as He spoke to me. "We know who you are Silken. We have been looking for you for a very long time. Jerus only slowed our efforts... but He died with honor to try and defend you. Such a shame His death will be in vain... and by the looks of this Warrior... His too " "No please ! Please ! Dont harm Him ! I have coin.. I have treasure.. let me pay you ! " I pleaded with the Man and He took my chin in His hand and turned me to look at Him. "Our treasure is a greater one than riches Silken. You. You are the treasure that we have searched for.. for many years now. And now.. I have the honor of claiming it" He said. I looked to Seth.. I saw Him struggling even with the cold blade against His throat.. a small trail of blood was trickling down His flesh. I looked back to the Man. "Spare His life and I shall come with you.. willingly. Without a fight. I will cause you no trouble." I said and lowered my gaze. The Man stood up and then motioned His Men to the side. Seth crawled to me as they spoke in soft whispers. I removed His gag and even in such a circumstance.. He lashed me with words for speaking as I had. Placing a finger to His lips... tears now ran freely.. I whispered to Him. "No more shall die because of me. Take care of my children. Teach them.. love them... as I love you. " With that.. I leaned and took from Him the kiss I had waited so long and so patiently for. Pulling back.. I could still taste Him on my lips... "Tell Tarra.. to always stay strong... fight forever.. and love deeply. Tell Shi.. I will miss Him... but always remember the ribbons. And Cana.. tell Her.. To be brave... and watch over Wily. And tell each child for me... " My words we cut off as the Men returned and grabbed me again by the hair.. yanking me up. The blade was returned to Seth's throat... and I looked to the one in charge. "Do we have a deal?" I said. He chuckled and spoke.. " I could just take you and deal with your antic's.. but.. I know much about you.. much more than you could ever imagine. It will be a much easier journey with you complying. " I nodded. "Then release Him and I will come with you. " I said. This made the Man laugh. "No Silken. You will be led away... once at a safe distance. Hewill be released and we will continue on. You may stop and watch till He is safely away from my Man." He said. Again I nodded. "This.. is acceptable." I said. He began to pull me away... but I tore from His grip and ran to Seth.. clinging to Him.. kissing Him again and again. " I love you... always remember that. " I cried as the words brushed His lips. "Silken.. dont !!! " Seth pleaded. But I had turned and began to walk with the Commander. I could hear Seth yelling and fighting but it was to no avail. The Man's hand went to my lower back.. guiding me from the plains. "Yes.. this is much easier than you kicking and screaming" He said as we walked. And once at a safe distance He commanded me... "Turn and see your Warrior, Silken. Look upon Him for the last time. " I did so.. and for the longest time.. I could not lift my eyes.. but finally did. I watched for a moment as in the distance Seth was readied to be released. It was then that I felt the cold chill of metal against my throat. I tensed and the Commander whispered.. " Do you wish any final words... before I make you my slave, Silken?" "yes.... yes.. I do" I said. He nodded and said.. "Then speak them.. for it is the very last time you will see these plains.. that Warrior... and taste freedom" I stood proudly... lifting my head.. I knew Seth was watching me. I would make Him proud. I would make them ALL proud. Within the blink of an eye a dagger had been removed and I thrust it straight into my chest. Falling to the ground as the blade pulsed against the beating of my heart. It slowed.. slower.. almost to nothing. The Commander bent down and tried to stop the bleeding... He was paniced.. His prize was now slipping from His grasp. Aggravated.. He asked me with a sigh... "Your words.. what were your words to be???" Blood trickled from the wound... with my last bit of strenght.. I grabbed His shoulder and pulled Him down to me... and I whispered..... (place your mouse on the star and highlight it..like your cutting and pasting and scroll down)
*APRIL FOOLS !!!!!!! Heehee Gotcha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment