Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 285 (2/5/2008) Clean up... wagon 4

I woke up with my head laying on the mixing table.. and in a puddle of drool. Yum... enticing.. isnt it? Judging from the faint light outside.. I had slept maybe an Ahn.. but no longer. I hopped from the stool and went back to check on Seth. He was beginning to ease from the hold of the sedatives.. so I quickly checked His arm and leg. No sign of infection and the wounds were healing. Quickly.. I readied an injection of solution to knock Him back out... sticking this into His flesh.. He gave a small moan of protest.. then was out again. He would sleep the day away.. and it was necessary. Did He protest?? MMmmm maybe alittle. But I definately.. didnt hear Him refuse. Nope.. I didnt hear a No. Didnt hear a yes either.. but I was damned if I was gonna let Him suffer. Burns.. just plain hurt. I gave Him just enough to take the pain away.. rest.. and He would wake by early nightfall. So while He slept.. I walked out of the wagon and onto the plains. As the rays of the morning scattered across the Sky.. I lifted my arms and called to Her... giving thanks for allowing me the strenght to care for Him and the wisdom to treat Him.
Then circling the rows of wagons once more.. I stopped by Seth's to check on tanya. she was already making Him some food... to which I told her He would sleep till nightfall and to ready some dinner and bring it by the Nightmare. she was relieved to know He would be ok and I even bid her permission to come by and wait with me.... besides.... I needed someone to clean up. I hadnt the strenght. This took a toll on me... more than I would ever let on to anyone. Emotionally.. I was drained... something that a good ole cry would remedy.. but that was yet to be in the cards for me. Not yet.. at least.
I kept busy finishing the salves.. jarring them up and skirting around tanya as she cleaned. We talked alittle.. inbetween my bouts of narcolepsy. tanya had taken to carrying a pillow around with her... incase I just passed out. she got good at throwing it before I hit the ground. Heh. Night began to creep on us and Seth started to moan slightly. tanya returned to the wagons to tell the kids stories and I sat beside Seth... adding more salve to His arm and leg... and rebandaging the kaiila bite. I watched Him struggle against the sedative... whispering to Him to relax. I was here... and I wasnt going anywhere. I took His hand in mine and stroked His fingers... He smiled again....
I swear I heard Him call my name.

No comments: