We worked well into the night.. repairing.. fixing canvas'.. cleaning... while the children slept. I aided in helping those with minor cuts and scratches and stitched up what I could. Luckily there were not too many severe injuries. I had wrapped my leg... the handle of the bucket tore through my leather's and ripped my skin open on my calf when it hit me... but I would tend to it once Shi opened my healers wagon.. maybe tomorrow. It was close to morning when we finished and I was exhausted. Shi had blackwine in His veins instead of blood... of this I am sure now. He just keeps.. going.. and going and going. Everything that could be seen in the firelight was returned to it's place and when dawn broke we found whatever else we could and either replace it to our wagons to try to return it to whomever it belonged too. I hadnt even looked to the Sky yet or try to judge what type of day it would be... when I felt a single drop of rain. Hmmmm now what.. I thought... I then looked up.. hoping to see a passing bird of somekind... I would have welcomed it relieving itself on me in contrast to the other terrible thought that spurred me. Another drop... then another... and several more till suddenly the Sky opened up and we were pelted with hard stinging rain. I stood there in awe... and started to curse. First She blows Her wicked breath upon us... now this. At first it washed away the dust.. the dirt and was rather refreshing.... but try being in wet leathers and She how comfortable that is. I knew I would need to get the salve out in buckets for the chaffing that most Tuchuks would have from this. The children were confined to the wagon's and Dakota and Jax did their best to patch any leaks which were minimal at best. They worked wagon to wagon... cleaning and reorganizing what the wind had mixed up. By mid afternoon... everything was back in it's place again... and clean and the kids could relax. Shi went off to tend what He needed and Jax and I kept working... constantly moving the bosk and the wagons forward and back to keep them from bogging down in the mud that now formed. The bosk protested their hooves being sucked down.. and the slurping noise of them pulling feet free could be heard for passangs Im sure. By late day.. small rivers had formed in the wagon wheel trails and ran by at a rapid pace... always replentishing what the ground needed... sometimes.. in excess. I stopped a moment in the downpour to gaze into a large pool of water that had collected... I saw within the mirrored reflection the clouds in the Sky... clouds on the ground.. and it was raining onto the clouds. It was raining... on the Sky. So I stared for a long time till a shiver took me and I took shelter under a wagon for a bit... wringing out my hair and clothing where I could.
It grew dark quickly as night fell and I heard Wily start yellin that it was rainin in the wagon. Jax and I took out another canvas and began to lash it down over the old one. That's when I got stuck in the mud... my boots wouldnt move. Shi arrived just in time to tease me and then help me free of the suction. I headed inside to dry off... heating the fire bowl up as much as I could while He tended to the wagons.. making sure they were secure for the night. I didnt have to worry about the children... Jax and my oldest twins were with them. Now it was my turn to relax... and I somehow wished Shi would join me. Pulling my boots off.. I set them to dry near the door. I rolled up my leathers to the knee and frowned at the blood soaked bandage. It was wet from the rain and saturated to the skin.. making it look rather bad. A shake of my head and I took everything off... donning one of Shi's larger and more importantly.. dry tunic's. Then wrapped up in a fur near the flame. I would have to wait for Shi to get supplies from the wagon for my leg. The shivers took me again and I felt my face flush hot. It was these moments of alone time that were the hardest on my addiction. For the first time in two days... I thought about the kanda... and my body flared to life... suddenly craving it. Lashes closed tightly as I lay down.. trying to push the thoughts from my mind... but the jerks and twitches began. Curling my arms tightly around me... and drawing my knees up to my chest... I whispered.....
Please.... no more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment