With five children sitting cross-legged before Seth... He began His story of how He met Jerus and came to be one of my ten shadows. The life changing event... as Seth told it.. a young Man out on the plains hunting with His bola. The grass about this high.. and Seth used motions and jestures with His hands. He saw a rustling of grass before Him.. then another and more. Seth's arm lifted and the children watched as the imaginary bola was now spun over His head... Seth's eyes went wide.. all five childrens eyed went wide.. looking between His spinning arm and His face. Seth crouched.. the children lowered slightly... and then suddenly He released the bola. Seth jumped up.. the children sprang to sit up higher... and Seth ran to grab His capture. Only it wasnt a vulo... it wasnt an Urt.. It was a very large Man with piercing blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. Wily.. Talia and Starr chuckled for they still could remember how their Papa looked. My attention focused on Mia and Sonny who were too young to remember what their Papa looked like when He died. A feeling of great sadness washed over me and I walked to the fire.. keeping my emotions from the view of the children. They enjoyed the rest of the story of how Seth had captured Jerus' boot and I think were amazed at how He still lived and only received a bonk on the head for it. Seth then trained under Jerus and eventually earned a place on the detail. The kids asked questions and Seth noticed how quiet Mia and Sonny were. How close they were... for twins it is a common and special bond.. and these two were no exception.
Once the children left.. Seth and I talked alittle. I got my surprise when Blood and Mars came to visit and were hugged.. talked.. hugged.. laughed and then I got my threat. They were going to spank me if I did something I teased them about. I nearly fell to the ground and laughed. Oh but the twins were serious... and I had to back up alittle.. bumping into Seth. He grabbed me... tossed me up into the air over His shoulder and I was caught by Mars. Seth then announced... Silken Ball ! No...!!!! no Silken Ball.. !!! but it was too late.. I was launched back and forth and finally sent for a pass... I could only hope that someone caught me. And He did... it was Seth. I had been intercepted... and I begged Him not to spike me into the ground. He laughed... set me down and kissed my forehead. I enjoyed my time with the twins and then sent them off to have dinner with their younger nine siblings.
Word had since gone out that Seth was seeking His place at the First Wagons... Now was a good as time as any to go to the fires. With my new jacket in place were headed there. I felt much better... more at ease.. and the banter was light and fun. Seth just observed and took the people in. He knows it will take time for them to trust Him and he knows what is expected of Him. I have no doubt He will make it. He has been around the Tuchuk for a long time.. and as He said.. He is just making a move up.
Mayala offered Her services should I need anything and actually I did. I had collected a dagger for each child.. Mars, Blood, Dakota, Shanay... Talia, Wily, Starr.. Mia and Sonny. I wanted to have some special sheathes made... personal one's for each. She seemed excited to do so and before I went to sleep... I made a list of their names to be placed on the holders. I would send tanya over with it very soon so Mayala could begin.
Saresh woke from His coma and asked... So Silken... now that I am your Guardian.. do I get to spank you when your bad? I smiled and told Him... I suppose you do... but I doubt you will get that opportunity. He questioned this... and I told Him I would like to discuss my rules in all this. Grinning the whole time.... He seemed to not believe me. Why should He anyway. I am... Silken.. after all. But as I promised Tarra... I would find myself... and I think I am on the right path. I have many to support me.. and a few surprises in those that I thought would.. are not. This does not hinder me... I am happy where I am right now. And I am happy where things are going. I am happy to try and keep out from under Saresh's hand.... Why? Because He expects it... and I WILL disappoint Him.
I wonder if His palm is itching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment