The main fire... I missed it. Venturing out from the wagon I looked around.. taking in the sights that seemed had been covered with a haze for so long. Sitting to the platform... I was joined by a few slaves and then Shi... and moments later... the ground shook... the wind stilled and in rode that large Man in black with His detail. Jerus.... always brings a smile to me. I could see in His face He was in Warrior mode.. and moreso when He had the heads of five men that thought to steal from the Tuchuk raised to posts and set around His wagon.... I was pleased. But four months away... I just didnt think I could stand it. Him being gone so long.... especially now... with what I am working on. In any case... He notified Fonce, Kam and Shi of the situation and that I was under their wings. Fonce seemed to... take it with stride... Shi.. was quite used to it.. Kam.. havent heard from Him... I suppose He is running screaming.. babbling... wishing He never heard of me. He has His own things to deal with and doesnt need the bother of watching out for someone like me. Dont really know honestly.. He hasnt spoken to me in a long time. Then again.. I havent been around. It's all good.
As I watched Jerus' detail gather some supplies and ready to ride out... He scooped me up and carried me in the wagon for... uhmmm... well a goodbye session... which.. left me breathless... sweating and disheveled. No sooner had I sat up then... He had me in a belt. I was shocked... I looked to Him puzzled... and He simply smiled and picked me up and brought me back out to the fires. He and Shi spoke about details of His absence and to pass them on to the other's. I stood there stewing over this belt ! Finally.. I had to ask... "You dont trust me?" And Jerus... with that smile that could melt snow... said to me... "My love... if it was you I did not trust.. You would be chained inside the wagon." ahhhhh so now I got it... it wasnt me.. it was the other's. But what Man would dare to even think to touch Jerus' property? I started making a mental list of the guards, but that was stopped when Jerus said it was time to go. He took me up to the saddle with Him and I whispered a few things to keep Him company for awhile. I watched as they rode off.. smiling.. trying not to cry. Even after they were gone from my sights.. I still watched. Shi asked if there was anything that I needed... and I told Him I just wanted to be alone for a bit. He had brought a verr and I took off to cook it for the children.
Feeding time was like tossing scraps to the sleen at our fires. 7 children all wanting to eat.. all wanting to be first. I tried my best to feed the little one's first.. of course Wily wanted nothing to do with that and was being His usual self. Jax and Jort stood by to hopefully restore order if a food fight broke out. Even Shi came to check on if we were alright. Somewhere in between keeping juice mugs filled and bringing more meat.. I was able to feed Jax, Jort and Shi. tanya ran her arse off serving and cleaning up... and after an Ahn.. children began to scatter to the winds. Even Jort and Jax were exhausted after dealing with the kids... and this was just night one of many more to come. I flopped down near the fire and tried to catch my breath. My eyes felt like stone.. I couldnt keep them open. The two guards took a breather and had some blackwine while Shi made a mug for me. I wanted to stay awake for the children... incase they needed anything.. but as I drank from the mug... I grew more and more sleepy. It had been weeks since I slept fully and tonight.. with assistance.. I would sleep. Shi had put kanda in my mug. I remember Jax lifting me from the fire and then I was in my furs. I heard Shi say dont worry about the children.. they are fine........
12 Ahn later... I woke up. It is morning... and I feel like someone hit me in the head with a skillet.
Ow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment