Somehow... inbetween Dashie stopping by to razzle me up.. Shi stopping in to say Goodbye for His scouting trip and Saresh coming in to hide from Mable... all three at once mind you... I managed to press out 2,000 tablets. Shi had delayed His trip a few Ahn's over an issue that wouldnt have been an issue but it became one. For reason's known to those invloved.. I personally dont see the harm... it was in fun but heh... what can I do about it. Shi is my Guardian now and I just have to live with it. After He left... Dash and Saresh made me take a break. The wagon is hot... I have taken any food or jerky... Im a survivalist and seem to wait to the last minute in crunch times. It felt good to get some fresh air... not that stiffling heat inside the wagon. But while Shanay took over for a few Ahn... I sat and joked around with Dashie and Saresh. We had a good time. I honestly didnt know Saresh that well and hadnt spoken more than a few passing words now and then... but after Dashie left... He and I were alone.. outside the cookbox Pink Nightmare wagon. He really surprised me by stepping up and insisting I rest..take care of myself and eat some salt. I told Him a small fib that shouldnt make a difference... but He wanted me to eat some salted meat... and I told Him.. I didnt eat meat... I just forgot to say.. I dont eat meat "cooked". Hey... ya wanna hang with the ole girl??? Gotta get used to Her quirks. ::snickers:: I did wind up taking a nap.. and a few Ahn later I woke up and went back to work. With Shanay's help we could press the tablets out quicker and rest while they were drying in the molds.
This morning while Shanay cooked breakfast for all the children, us workers and the guards.... I had a visit from Ulric. He delivered a message to me and a small satchel. I nodded and went for a walk in the cool morning air of the plains. When I was alone.. I opened the satchel that had been given me by the Sister of my Heart and laughed looking inside. Nodding to myself.. a finger dipped into the contents and then was brought to my lips. I shook my head... Tarra knew I had my own supply.. and She would also know that whatever I did have.. I would not use upon myself but give to my children. It was Her way of telling me.. this is your own personal supply... and with that.. would come the unspoken warning.. if I didnt not use it.. She would beat my ass into the ground. Again there was no need for words between us.. for our thoughts and whispers always reach each other in time of need.
The amount of tablets now ready will sustain the young and elderly if a salt supply is found in the next day or two. If no word comes by tonight from Shi... another two batches will be made.. and so on and so on till a supply is found. I sent my silent whispers to the Winds this morning for His safe return and much luck on the journey..... for some reason...
I miss Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment