Thursday, October 2, 2008

Page 167 (8/19/2007) Eyes like water

There is an old Tuchuk ceremony when two people join together as life mates that bond them to each other with blood. I have been part of such a ceremony three times now. Hawks... Steel and Jerus. Lifemates... means for as long as that person is alive... now... with Jerus gone... in order for me to move on and for Him to ride the Skies... I must release Him from His earthly ties to these plains. The second of the ceremonies is the release of blood. With Jerus gone now... I drained blood and let Him go. I went to the stream with the blade used to tie our lives together. One by one the ribbons used to bind our wrists were set to float upon the water. Finally the cutting and I let the drops fall to the stream. With Hawks.. it was the plains... Steel, was with fire and Jerus with water.. as His eyes always reminded me of a cool.. crisp stream. Each will always be a part of me... but their Spirits now ride freely and with honor... among the great one's that have passed. My words to the Elders.. to those passed.. are for me alone. What they said to me.. are mine alone. Never will they be shared.
I wasnt surprised at what happened next.... Shi asked about Courtin Rights. He joked about asking my Guardian for such... and was humorous to watch the exchange between Shi the Warrior and Shi the Guardian. The end result was... My Guardian Shi said.. Shi the Warrior had one week to prove Himself worthy before a decision would be made. I did not accept. There is much more to consider in this. First off.. I think it only proper for Shi the Warrior to speak to Dakota being He is the Man of the family now. But the most feared.. the most frightfull of Men to speak to ... is the boss.. Wily.. The Breaded Tuchuk.
Another worry was... was it too soon to consider moving on?? Jerus has only been gone 2 months in body... but so much longer in soul. I spoke to my Sister and Her words were comforting and agreeable. Tuchuk's know how precious and valauble life is. Wasting it... is just not... it's.. just wrong. I was nervous over how Tarra would react.. but as Shi and I sat at the morning fire and shared a fewsmiles and glances... I saw Her and Falon turn to look at each other and grin. That alone was alot of worry off my back. I feel I can sit and talk to Her now openly about my possible future with Shi. Like I said.. I havent said yes... but...
I havent said No either.

No comments: