I have never thought to put it as such until tonight. Two bodies.. one brain. It is sometimes scarey the way Tarra and I think. I spoke with Her tonight and confirmed alot. Since the initial larl attack with Fonce and T'zuri.. I havent felt right. Something is not sitting well with me. Now.. I am not a hunter... nor a Spex.. but I have learned much over my years and I am sensitive to things most are not. My background is as colorful as the rainbows. When I was just a teen.. I was given a female larl cub by the then Ubar and Ubara, Blood and Dove. I named Her Kyra. Every generation since then.. I remove another female cub that is born and they are given a mark on their back left flank... the mark of the Masks. When it comes to a larl... I know them. The cubs are playful and trainable to a sense... but one thing you can never obtain... is true domestication. A larl will always be wild. You can reach an agreement with them as I have mine.. and I use the word mine.. loosely. It is mine in the sense that I do bring her some food and check on her now and then. Mine in the sense that I helped raise her and marked her.. tried to teach her not to attack the bosk or the people. I have been lucky in the guided generations... as some things seem to be passed down within the lines. Yet there does come a time when this cute and cuddley little cub becomes a growing cat with an attitude. When the larl reaches a size that a once playful paw swipe can rip me open or spin my head from it's shoulders.. it's time to start the seperation. Taking the cub out further and further from the clan grounds... and having it return for a small treat of meat. The distances and the time to return grow in lenghts and eventually the larl learns that I will bring treats now and then.. but they are now free to roam. My larl's are not pet's.. they are wild.. but imprinted beasts. They are amazing and beautiful creatures. At full growth they can stand around 8 foot tall.. 7 foot long... heads 2 foot wide... paws the size of kettles... fangs a foot long and claws the lenght of daggers.
So this brings me to this sudden "rash" of larl sightings and attacks. Never in all my years have I seen or heard of such an oddity. A larl with a vendetta?? Doesnt happen. (And Mun is thinking how corny the Jaws movies became.. a shark with a grudge against a family.. sheshh..)
Im starting to wonder if someone has been putting halucinagens in the water. I do not doubt the attacks... I saw the first and I patched Saresh up after the second.. but Im wondering.. what is being done to provoke these attacks. The word that is repeated over and over in my mind is.. attention. If one goes looking for such... you will undoubtedly find it. What really urks me is if this is being provoked... it is not clearly being fully thought out. The Harigga is filled with children... namely... MY children. It would be easy for these larl to simply snatch up a young one and kill them.. and there is nothing that could be done. A larl hunting will sit and watch.. picking out it's easist meal. If I am it's target and it stalks me say for Ahn's... ready to pounce... then suddenly a smaller.. easier prey wanders into it's vision.. it is not going to waste time on me. Attack.. kill and run off to eat. It doesnt want something that is going to fight back. Years ago.. Tarra and I were talking near the stream when a starving larl attacked. It took several outriders.. and Shi to kill it. But not before Tarra and I bore the savage claws and fangs to our bodies. We were lucky.. very lucky.
I am throughly disgusted and perplexed. But I wil get to the bottom of this... of course with the guidance of a few.
Enough is enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment