Thursday, October 2, 2008

Page 205 (10/10/2007) Bandits

I made it to the make shift main fire for the night after feeding the children and checking on things. They did well without me the first couple days. I think I felt pride.. Im not sure. Funny how we all looked the same when our scarf's were lowered. Half dust half clean. Everyone's eyes had a strip of dirt across them... like a raiders mask of sorts. You find yourself chewing on grit and your mouth dry after the first Ahn. There is dirt in almost every orifice... and you wonder if you'll ever get it all out. Ahhhhh yes... remind me why I want to live another turning and make this trip over and over. .... ..... cause we are Tuchuk.. and we love it.
Interesting night though... Tarra thwaped me upside the head for making Her worry. Kam stretched my ear wanting a few words... I dont remember much after that. I do know that I saw Shi for... a few moments. I heard that He actually had to ask where I was in line. I should have turned around and headed back to the wagon and let Him wander aimlessly to find me. I think I smiled... maybe I drempt I did... but Tarra wanted a fight... ohhhh not one of those nasty one's... but the kind that seem to creep up on us when we make these trips. Mischief and madness. Goading each other. I was game... I think. I dont have a black eye or busted nose so.... maybe we will save it for another time.
When I eventually made it back to the Nightmare.... which... took me longer than expected because... One.. I forgot Alpha and Two... I swear someone moved it elsewhere. But when I did... the kids we gathered around and the stories were being thrown back and forth. Even the young twins, Mia and Sonny laughed at their first trip. Dakota was looking the ever fierce Tuchuk and spoke of His ride with Kam. Wily was boasting on His expertiese in driving the wagon... but taking one look at His lil hands.. I could see He held the reins so tight He had blisters. I put some salve on them and He fell off to sleep in my lap. Starr and Talia were busy fixing things that had fallen. Shanay was taking care of some minor injuries. Alot of blisters.
As I sat there running my fingers through Wily's dust laden hair... I thought about something Kam said.... I know I was supposed to remember to do something today.

What the hell was it.....

No comments: