Cantcha smell that smell? Yuk. Essence of Da-Brute. Somewhere after Kam said He would be watching over me... but before Fonce came to the fire dancing.... Brute gased the trail. Somehow Alpha nudged Brute from behind which resulted in the toxic cloud being released. Shi was in the wagon laying down sick... He was downwind and that cloud just filtered into the wagon. If He wasnt sick before He was gonna be after breathing that stench in. One by one as the wagon's passed through the thickness of air... people's faces changed... bosk coughed... even the wagon wheels squeeked. A few slaves were seen to wilt and wither to the ground. They just didnt get out of the way fast enough. From back in the line of wagon's.. Wily was heard to yell out... Get a wiff of that shit. Im sure He was talking to Tug. Dakota even rode up alongside Kam and glared at Him... He was a pretty shade of green. Cana.. Falon and I moved upwind and stayed there till we camped. I was seriously regretting eating the jerky that Kam insisted on... I wanted to toss my cookies after getting a snort full of Brute gas. But I managed to keep it down.
Once we stopped and Jax came to corral Alpha.. rub Him down and feed Him... I went to check on the kids and make them some dinner. Mia and Sonny were already sleeping. One thing for sure is the trail messes up the young one's sleeping patterns. Yes there are games during the day... but it isnt always long lasting and enough to keep their attention. I did check on Gara the old healer... She is doing well and having fun with the kids. Tough old vulo She is. Pretty sure She will even outlive me.
My body was starting to scream at me not long after. I wanted to eat something. I just didnt have the strenght. I poured some of my powder into a warm bowl of blackwine and drank that.. all intent on joining the other's at the fire..... but...I found a nice grassy spot and passed out.
I didnt dream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment