Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 239 (11/29/2007) Have a little whine

Everything was going so good too. Tarra came in with chocolate covered eyeballs.. fresh from the sockets. I endulged... over endulged in them. Nothing like the crunch of an eyeball covered in chocolate. She even left the optic nerve on... I think just for me... She knows how I love to slurp them like a noodle.
Eariler in the day I had treated Polunu for an injury to His ribs. He fell off a kaiila and I could see in the amount of winces and His trouble breathing that this was more than just a bruise. After examning Him... I found one rib inparticular to be in danger of shifting and puncturing His lung. I applied healing and numbing salve with a patch to keep it in place and wrapped Him with a bandage to secure the herbs to aid in swelling and healing. The wrap was loose... so as not to constrict His breathing and cause an infection in His lungs. I advised Polunu He needed to drink that nasty tea to help Him... and that He could not engage in sex for five days... till His recheck. This went over... well. NOT. Fonce found humor in it.. so did Seth...blue and raven. I did not. I take my job seriously. So... I left... leaving Polunu to His better judgement. Seth and I walked to the kaiila pens where He mounted up to take duty. I was sad to see Him go... I like Him. I worked on some salves and such the rest of the afternoon before returning to the fires later.
Big Mistake.
Polunu came in... and I made the tea for Him to which He threw a fit. He could not drink it.. so I said.. then.. suppository... injection or death. He chose death. Well.. DUH. That was against my code. I couldnt allow it to happen. I readied a solution in a needle and walked to Polunu.. He brandished His lance at me.. pointed it right at me and threatened to use it on me. I advised Him that Tuchuk do not kill Tuchuk.. so He said fine He would stab me. I said He could.. after I stabbed Him. Still.. His male ego had a hold of Him and I had no choice but to ask Saresh to restrain Him... and He did.. holding His arms at His side.... and much like Falon and Cana did to me when I refussed... I moved in and gave Him the injection. That's when all hell broke loose. I had an irate patient and a group of Woman screaming at me. Meta went ballistic... and ranted like a child about how Polunu is a Man and I need to respect His decisions. Zarina pushed to the same effect and being a Prospect.. I told Her to hold Her tongue. I will give Zarina this.. She did so.. and very respectfully. That shows me charature. Meta on the other hand kept nagging. It is obvious by Her actions... She has feelings for this Man. But acting as such.. the way She did... only made Her look small. Do these people from the other wagons have no idea what laws and customs healers are bound by? Do they not know that we have the right to treat any one.. male or female medically for injuries if it is for their own good? Now... had Polunu had a splinter and wanted it to fester.. I would have said... screw it. But this... this was a life threatening injury and I was not about to let Polunu become weak.. or worse die. I dont tell them how to do their jobs.. and I hoped they respected me to do mine. I had to turn away from them to cool off... I was still working on my temper when suddenly Polunu up and socked Saresh in the face. He then left and returned moments later with iron cuffs and demanded I be placed in them. Saresh asked what the charge was. Polunu said it was disrespect of His wishes... I was thankful to hear Saresh say that it would be up to Him if I was placed in cuffs... and He would see if any punishment would be garnished. Finally ! A Guardian not smitten with me that simply spoke with cool, calm reasoning. One that didnt fly off the handle and demand justice that Ihn. It was like having Kam back.
I let things cool down a bit and even offered my appologies to Polunu.. to which He not so nicely told me to go away. I know we will discuss this when He is feeling better and not so mad. He will see I did it out of love for my clan and their rules and my love for His life. He is Tuchuk... I would die for Him.... I would die for any of them.
I will stand behind my decision. I will hold my head high in this for I did what I had to. Ive been punished for my convictions before... but I would not change many of them. This.... this issomething I believe in.
Skies.. I need a drink.

No comments: