Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 268 (1/21/2008) You win some.. you lose some

Wagering is like breathing to Tuchuks. We wager on almost anything. We wager on pretty much everything. So... it was no big surprise that my Sister and I had a little wager of our own going. It was a private matter. Not a public knowledge bet.. something fun just between us. I have to admit that... I only took the side I did because Tarra took the obvious one first. She was a boot-in to win this wager. But I couldnt pass up the chance... and well.. I did have a feeling. It was a long.. long long shot.. but being who and what I am... I took the wager. Well.. damn if I didnt win. Is my luck changing or what??? So now... I sent a small note over to Tarra... gloating?? me?? You betcha ! Cant wait to see Her... infact.. I may just stop by.. ya know to check on Her... see how Hallie is.. let Her know that Wily is mud free n all. Tal Tarra.. good to see you.. how are you feeling.. ohh by the way.. Pay up ! heehee.
I was feeling pretty good.. and I wanted some gloating time.. so I evaded Flip n Flop and headed to the main fire. I took the route of crawling under the wagons and cutting across the rows... watching them zig zag about... paniced. When I emerged near the fire.. I saw Seth sitting there. Crawling out quietly... I placed a finger to my lips. He would have no part of it... handing me His quiva and said... "If Im gonna die.. I'd rather it be you that do it" He would have no part in hiding me from the goons... saying how Kam would kill Him for such an act. What could I do but agree. I told Him to do what He must and He alerted my guards to my whereabouts. I was pissed.. I wanted some alone time. So I sat there as the two came rushing in... breathing heavily and growling. I told Seth how I hated to be babysat... and He nodded.. telling me that He knew such.. but.. I was who I was.. a wild one.. and given the chance I would run. He added that I was also too valuable to be left unprotected. Me? valuable? and I voiced such... boskpiss ! I said. He got really upset and spoke to me in such a harsh tone.... I thought I was gonna pee my leathers. " Dont ever say that again... " He said.. and the rest of the words that followed cut through me like a hot blade in butter.
Ya win some... Ya lose some...
trouble is...
I always wind up losing more than I win.
Fuck.

No comments: