Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 271 (1/23/2008) What to do.. what to do

We returned to the Harigga as night fell. Besides the news that stirred in my brain of Mayala leaving... or running away as it was... Something had me worried about Tarra. I did my unpleasantries at the fires... Saresh was there... Fonce listened.. so did Cana and Jaella. I didnt feel any better after telling them... I felt worse for Saresh. Fonce thanked me for going. I told Him I didnt do anything.... He said.. I cared enough to go. yeah.. I cared. Deep down I was pissed... one for going after a Woman that had the balls to leave. How many times did I want to leave.. but couldnt. Two.. that She endangered us all by going after Her. Coulda left a note. Three... She took that blasted kaiila that might have eaten Her. Damn.. damn damn. I was so terribly depressed. I needed Tarra. Something had been pulling me towards Her back at the Harigga this whole time. So leaving the fires.. I went to Her wagon and was met by Ulric.. who was standing guard. As I put a foot on the first step.. He shoved a hand out.. palm flat and said.. She isnt seeing anyone now. I questioned Him.. over and over and got no answers. I was getting madder and madder... and started to whine... but I would not press it further. I told Him to tell Her I was here.. I needed to see Her... and I missed Her.
If She wasnt feeling well... I wanted to know why. If She was ok and just hulled up in the wagon... damn it.. I needed to talk to Her. I was falling apart over a few things. I was thinking irrational and damaging thoughts. I needed Her help.... but I also would not add to any problem She was having. I sulked away.. yes.. I sulked. Cute too. I walked to Kam's wagon... but remembered as I got there.. He was out on a hunt. Kicking the bottom step.. I looked around. Seth was working.... and anyone else I could trust was just not available. Fucking great. Not knowing what to do or where to turn... I went to the pens and got me a fresh kaiila. One of Jerus' older stock. Saddling Him up.. I took off for asolo ride. I was lost somewhere in this swirling mass of thoughts. I rode fast and hard.. till my face was numb with cold. My fingers would not resume their mobility... my joints stiff. I reined the kaiila back and literally threw myself from the saddle to the ground... damn that hurt. But I would lay here.. hopefully freeze to death... maybe get eaten by a sleen... trampled by this blasted kaiila... eaten by this kaiila... ehhh.. I dont think my hair would be a nice contrast woven in kaiila shit... but would let them know where I had gone.... right? At least the air was nice....
Clear air.. clear thoughts....
Made sense to me.

No comments: