Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Page 43 (7/15/2006) Midnight showing

Last night I watched a shooting star dart past the sky over the Harigga. I'd been feeling a bit tired and having stomach cramps, which I attributed to not eating much since Jerus had been gone. The main fire was empty, so I had Jax take me to the Clan fires... it felt good to have family around. My stomach and headache grew worse and I tried to write in my journal. Just then the ground started to shake and in rode Jerus and His men. I was surprised to say the least. Yet His expression was more of concern than joy to see me. He held me a long time by the fire and finally lifted me up to go into our wagon. It was there, that He made the announcement that our newest child was ready to enter to the plains. How could I have missed the signs??? Point is.. He didnt. He knew and made it a point to ride to me.
Labor was fairly easy.. I did complain, but that is nothing new. And right at the ihn of the 20th Ahn.. our newest daughter was born. Born into the hands of Her Father, Jerus. I named Her Starr for the Skies foretold Her coming well before I knew the sign. Jerus... aptly named Her.. His Midnight Star. A healthy 8 lbs 4oz. Light reddish blonde hair and eyes as blue as the clearest sky.
I will sleep now while Jerus continues to tell Starr of family and stories. They say babies this young cant smile.. but I swear.. She did.
The Wagon People grow stronger! Today, the Wagon of Jerus the Tuchuk and his mate Silkenhawk celebrates the birth of the youngest daughter, Starr. Since she was born just an Ihn into the Second Day of the Fourth Passage Hand in the year 10, 156 CA, she is nicknamed Midnight Starr.
Both mother and child are well. The father is exhausted. (speak for yaself Jerus !!!.. heehee)

No comments: