Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Page 54 (9/9/2006) How do you measure a year?

Jerus woke me this morning... Im glad He did. He always knows how to put a smile to my lips and keep it there all day. A shame no one would see it though.. as He had His way with keeping me in the wagon most of the day. I can still feel the press of His fingers to my skin and hear His voice in my ears. There is no turning back now, I am totally consumed with Him.
The talismen are finished now and Jerus has His... something to keep Him safe while on patrol in the dark of night. Sometimes.. I lay awake when He is on duty and think about Him and how my life would be different without Him. Could I even try it? yes... I know I would survive... but the change would be so great and the empty hole in my heart large... but it is something we all must face sooner or later. Is it not ineviatable that all warriors ride to the skies before their time? It is all I am familar with. I try to push such thoughts from my mind... but I cannot see past the winds and shadows that taunt me with the future. Is it even my future they foretell? Most say no.. as a Spex cannot see their own destiny clear. But I do know the winds are bringing something .... it comes with the change of air.. a chill... and as we prepare to move once more from the warmth of the plains... I wonder just who will not be joining us.
I have kept my distance from the Tribe for the most part... keeping within myself as the whispers swirling in the depths of my mind. So many come with warnings and threats... truth or lies... mostly they have validation. There is just too much to base fact on... and the one's they pertain too try to deny... but I see between the shadows and eluding gaze to know better.
Heed my warnings and know that I see what is to come..... there will be more icy cold to feel than what the chill of air may bring. Another year gone by.......
"How do you leave the past behind, when it keeps finding ways to get to heart. It reaches way down deep and tears you inside out till your torn apart."
"Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes... Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred moments so dear. Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes... How do you measure... measure a year. In daylights.. in sunsets.. in midnights... in cups of coffee. In inches... in miles.. in laughter and strife. Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes.. how do you measure... a year in the life..
How about love? Measure in love.. seasons of love.
Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes... Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred journeys to plan. Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes.. How do you measure the life of a woman or a man. In truth that she learned.. or in times that he cried. In bridges he burned or the way that she died? Its time now to sing out though the story never ends... lets celebrate, remember a year in the life of friends. Remember the love... measure in love. Seasons... of love."
" NO DAY BUT TODAY "

No comments: