Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Page 56 (9/24/2006) Pinata a'la Dashie

As night began to settle around the Harigga, I counted children and readied the evening meal. A moment later something struck me in the chest.. no not a physical object.. but that wash of terror when something is a miss with your kids. I looked again and noticed Wily was missing. I checked with our older children who informed me that they had seen Him with Aunt Dash early this morning. I left the kids in care of Shanay and Dakota and started to Bo and Dash's wagon, not so upset or worried as I know Dash would take great care of our little red-headed freckled one. Emerging from the rows... I spotted our youngest son on the steps with an oozing worm bota and covered in mud.. I had to pause with a chuckle and finally approached to sit on the step beside Him. " Tal Son.. have a good day with Auntie Dashie Pants? " Wily looked up to me with a sparkling smile and nodded. " Yes Momma.. we gots lots n lots of worms ! See? " And a fist full of squirming goo'ies were held up to me... yah.. there went my appetite. So I took Wily by the wrist and urged Him to come back for dinner. He protested and squirmed worse than the worms and having made it only a few steps from their wagon I finally asked Him what was wrong. He stopped His screaming and told me that He was still waiting for Auntie Dash to return, cause she got stuck under a wagon. Well... I nearly dropped my teeth and grabbed this young hellion by the shoulders. "WHat???!!! what do you mean Wily !!! You left Her???? where !!! where!!!" I didnt wait for an answer but ran into their wagon where I found Bo and quickly told Him what had happened. We all ran out and I grabbed Wily.. scooping Him up while sending Jax out to the herds for Jerus. A rather large group had now gathered and we started off to find Dash... but which wagon? I had to set Wily down and off He went.. running the rows.. zig-zagging till we came to that odd wagon most of us avoided. Wily stopped and pointed. "She's under dere Momma..." "Oh Skies..." and I ran over.. dropping to my knees and peering under the wagon with a sweeping gaze. There to my surprise.. I saw Dashie... snoring and dangling by Her knickers on a nail. I was about to call out to Her but had to pause and turn away with a laugh that now rolled through the gathered men as they too had taken a peek from the other side. Jerus arrived and with the help of Bo and the Men we carefully began the task of raising the wagon up. About an Ahn later, I couldnt help but snort as we could finally see Dashie swinging from the nail.. Her arms dragging the ground... She looked like a Tarn.. a mud covered Tarn. Wily started pointing at Dash as She dangled. " Uht oh Momma... Auntie broke Herself!" I lifted a brow and whispered... "What do you mean, Wily?" He waggled a finger at Dashie's back side that peeked out from the strain of the leather's secured to the nail.. " See Momma? She gots a crack in Her!!!" Well those gathered just rolled with laughter. I had to wipe tears that blinded my vision a moment. Without warning, Wily who could now walk under the wagon with a hort or so of clearance... took off and ran over to Auntie Dash, positioning Himself under Her head. He leaned His head back and poked Her. "Auntie Dashie !!! Auntie Dashie.. ya lost all ya worms!!! Lookie !!" I watched as Dash woke up... looked at Wily... then around. I wish I coulda captured that expression as Her eyes fell on Bo's. Jerus was already hiding a smirk and I quickly made my way under the wagon to retrieve our son.. well I couldnt help but notice Dashie's arms making their way towards Wily... Ya know with the fingers going for the neck??? hee hee. As I stood with Wily and Jerus.. I leaned and whispered to Wily... " Now thank your Auntie Dashie.. errr hangin Pants... for a wonderful time today." I swear flames shot from Dash's eyes... I think my hair got singed a bit. Wily did chime up with the thank you and Bo took over. I heard Bo laughing and then a swat... a few words spewed forth from Dashie that made me cover up Wily's ears... and well we were off. oh yes.. I smiled on the way back to our wagon... but I would still have to get Wily for not getting help for Dash... I just couldnt help but laugh more on the way back... He was off the hook for now.

No comments: