It's been a long journey. Jerus and I returned from our ventures trading and gathering supplies for the move North. One thing about traveling with the wagon's.. it takes twice as long as if just on kaiila back. I was happy to see our eldest children... and hear of their ventures over the last month. I too had many stories to tell.. but most of them were kept to me. Jerus was His usual charming self... I like our alone time. Of course if I even attempted to tell people how caring and loving this man was.. they would never believe me. I guess Im lucky to know that other side of Him. It's good to know that He would die to keep me safe.. He told me He would never let anything happen to me... and how much He loved me and can't live without me.. funny that I feel the same way. We spent many Ahn's this journey... walking hand n hand.. sometimes in silence, but always knowing what each other was thinking. But We both know better.. Im not walking funny from the saddle.. ::chuckles writing that::
In any case we returned to find a bunch of new commers to camp. I could tell by the look on Jerus' face.. He wasnt happy. I find myself cautious of them as well. Anyone can claim to be Tuchuk.. even if it runs in their veins.. they arent truely until proven. Im one to not trust anyone.. but keep my distance and just observe, for once.
I have much to do at the Black Mask camps... Jerus has given me many tasks to see completed and most of my time is now spent there. My black cloak has been removed from the trunk and worn in respect to the clan. I find it odd how my attitude changes when with the Masks. We dont speak much.. hardly at all... and sometimes after spending a day among them... I find it hard to talk among the main fires of the Harigga. Ive resigned myself to just simply watch and observe... one can gain more information that way.
I did have another happy moment in seeing Lone again. He has returned from His own personal journey and Im happy to say He is doing well. Just before He left I was helping Him with His over abuse of Paga... it seems He is still dependant on the brew.. but I again offered my assistance with any herbs and such that might console Him in conquoring His demons. He visited the Black Mask camp and we took some time to speak and get caught up on gossip of the like.
The familar sounds of Jerus and Company can now be heard thundering towards camp...and I best be gettin ready for Him... it wont be long before He bellows out for me and if Im not on that platform to greet Him.. well.. you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment