I slept well last night.. better than I had in the past hand and a half. The Stranger is dead... though so is Ngunda. Why one of the tribe had to die over this unscared... evil intent.. infiltrator is beyond me. Yet.. I do believe in my heart... Ngunda died over a stranger. For the future Neill generations that may read this... there is two parts to this journal entry... The quick and simple version and the long detailed one... take your pick.
Short and to the point version:
A stranger arrives in camp... A stranger causes dischord... A stranger has no scars.. A stranger is teased... A Warrior get's His leather's in a bunch... Bo comes home... Ngunda disobeys a superior's orders... Bo slices the strangers throat.. Tayco runs Ngunda through... Stranger and Ngunda die... Stranger is fed to the kaiila... Ngunda is readied for a Tuchuk pyre.
Now the detailed version:
This Man... This stranger Tseden whatever His name was... it didnt matter... to me.. He was nameless. Why? Every newborn male born to the Tuchuk's has no name till earned .. why shouldnt that apply to Men we dont know? So.. I affectionately nicknamed Him Buttcrack. Two smooth cheeks with a big ole hole in the middle. He had no scars... any Tuchuk of this age at least had His red... if not.. He was not worthy and should have been killed long ago.. Tuchuk's do not waste time or a name on those that cannot survive. So for a hand I watched this stranger... from the safety of the shadows... I did not like what I saw. The aura of ill intent surrounded this one... funny the color that enveloped this Man is of the same glow as one that camps outside the main Harigga. Maybe I will speak to Tarra about this to confirm. Anyways... last night at the main fire.. I was finishing work on my latest torturer device for Jerus to use... or perhaps I'll keep this one for myself. It's a long metal tube with two spring traps.. insert thumbs or any fingers.. spring the plates.. and whah-lah ! Finger handcuffs ! The more stuggling.. the tighter they get.. the person is bascially stuck in them till the key is used to release the traps. Im quite proud of this lil invention. So... This Buttcrack stranger approaches me... Me of all people saying I am the only one He can speak to. I listen.. and He tells me that the girl He wanted to bring to the Tribe... and originally give to Kam... well.. He dun wanna give her to Kam no more. Ohh she isnt a slave.. she doesnt wear a collar.. she was simply a captive. ok.. fair enough.. right? Wrong.. Tuchuk rule... No unscared Man may have a slave... so that blows that outta the water. But she isnt a slave.. He says... fine.. Tuchuk Rule again... Any Man not of Tribe... basically.. a Man working to be accepted into the Tribe... may not have captives or bring anyone else into the Tribe... until He is accepted Himself. Ok.. now that blows both theories out of the water. Which... I told Buttcrack. He didnt like it. Of course I did try out my new device on Him... It is the Tuchuk way to rile and roust new commers and tease them.. how else are we to learn of their capabilities and such. Tuchuk Women especially taunted unscarred Men.. seeing them as less than a slave. Ngunda took offense to this... claiming that He didnt like it when He was on the receiving end of it... specfically from me. But Skies He survived... did my teasing leave such an emotional scar on Him that He forgot everything that a Tuchuk Woman is?? and does? We are mouthy... we are straight forward and we speak what is on our mind. We are bold.. brazen and cold. Ngunda took an attitude with me.. an Elder.. but foremost.. a Tribe member.. and took the side of a stranger over Tribe. Number one mistake. Kam ordered the finger cuffs left on. Ngunda and I began a battle of words. Me asking... If He didnt believe in the Tuchuk ways.. or agree with them.. why was He here? If His ways... were not Tuchuk ways... why stay? Since Ive known this Man He never did understand or follow most of our ways... yet I accepted Him as a Warior of the tribe... agreeing to disagree. But last night.. I refusssed to be placed below a stranger and my ways... my Tuchuk ways... that.. I might add were backed by Tarra.. Cana.. Kam... and Chay. Now when 5 people tell you.. Hey.. this is our way... you went through it.. everyone goes through it... something must be right.. right? Nope.. not for poor Ngunda. It seems His beliefs were confirmed. He didnt agree with the Tuchuk way... and in standing for a stranger.... Died... over Him. Bo asked who this Buttcrack was... and He was told a stranger. A stranger is anyone that has not held grass and Earth with a Tuchuk member... or one that is unknown... not accepted as Tribe. Three outta Three for this Tseden.. therefore.. a stranger. Bo ordered this Man killed.... Ngunda refussed. So.. Bo did what was His right. Killed Buttcrack... and Tayco.. seeing Ngunda disobey an order.. killed Ngunda. That's it in a tospit.
Am I sad? No.... for the stranger... He is feed in the belly of the beasts.. Ngunda can now rest in peace. I will however counsil with Kam.. Bo and Jerus. I have a feeling more will come and try to gain access to the inner fires. Storms come and go... this.. was just the beginning.. the... first of the season
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment