I had a few days after speaking with Cana about several things that had been going on... and honestly... once sitting down and thinking... I had no real reason for my cold and curt manner towards Her. I know that the feelings came from the love of family.. protection and perhaps misguided judgements.. but with the change of things lately... I cant help but say.... Is it worth it being so callous all the time??? Am I the one sitting back while the world careems past me?? I came to the conclusion... I was. I offered Cana an appology for my behavior... and She accepted. This by no means says I am being soft.. there is still many things that I harbor within and will continue to hold onto... somethings.. some.. people...can never be forgiven or overlooked... never will.. ever.
So last night as I sat by the fire.. Tarra was there.. and a new person... well new to me.. and even Kaiobi was there. I watched Cana exit Her wagon.. scratching. It was all I could do not to laugh then. The idle fire chat ensued.. and Cana spoke of the Urt's that had taken up residency in Her wagon in a tunic trunk. Still She scratched... and finally hopped up to use the wagon as an itching post. raven was called to help reach that.. one spot.. that eluded Her nails. I called Wily to help Cana with the urt problem.. and He announced so lovingly.. Momma.. why should I got get 'em when I dun just put 'em in there??!! Cana promised Wily some candy if He removed them and Well I shooed Wily off and within a few Ehn there was a rocking wagon.. crashing.. the yells of the "Breaded" Tuchuk and then several urt's came scampering for their lives out of Cana's wagon. One even ran directly up Kai's skirt... well She flipped. She started hopping around.. screaming... like Her arse was on fire. I could do no more than lie on the ground.. crying in a fit of laughter. The lil bugger made a line up Her stomach and popped out Her cleavage. Luckily.. raven reached up and grabbed that.. "little fuzzy thing" as it was said. Yes.. more laughter... more tears... my stomach started hurting. But super raven nabbed the lil urt and Kai settled down.. well as far as the 3rd step of a wagon platform. Cana... now.. still itching... and breaking out in a swell of welts... decided on a bath to ease the hives... She exited with spare boots and clothes and somehow tripped... toppling to the ground.. it was then that the Prarie Ost's hidden in Her boots.. slithered there way out.. across Her nose.. and one started up Her pantleg. I was surprised I could walk... but I couldnt speak.. still trying to breathe from the last fit.. yet I managed to gather up the Ost's.. including the one attempting to get rather familar with Cana's leg. The critters were released unharmed to the prarie and I returned to camp. Kai was nowhere to be found.. and after calling and some small searching.. we found Her up a near by tree. What a sight ! I dont know how She got up there... or when... but She did come down in a less than gracefull manner... hitting the ground like a sack of sul's. Poor Wily.. in His haste and search for the Urt's.. rolled in the itching powder and had to be taken to the stream by Shanay to wash it off. I was still snickering as I sat back to the stump at the fire ring.. I believe Kai spoke first... saying something like.. Who would do such a thing to your wagon, Cana. To which I replied... Maybe next time Cana.. you shouldnt laugh at other's situations. She figured it out really quick.. that this was my revenge for laughing as Jerus had me over His knee and swatted my backside several times. We all broke into laughter again... and it was good to be even once more... that is.. until the next time. I already have the perfect sleen to drag into Her wagon and put in Her furs... now just to find that muzzle......
*** addition ***
As the warmth of the day grew chilly.. I sat in the wagon waiting for Jerus to return from His shortened but resumed herd rides. Suddenly I remembered something Cana.. Kai and I discussed at the fires after the itching incident. Scar's for Tuchuk Women. :::chuckles::: No not the kind that the Men wore.. less dangerous... more.. pretty! I quickly jumped from my seat and headed to my Supply wagon.. where inside I gathered up all the things needed to make this.. Womanly Dye. I would add staining oils to each color to let them adhere to the flesh... perhaps they would only need to be redone every so often this way.... but the delema remains... where.. should the scars be placed?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment