Friday, October 3, 2008

God's hand in the clouds (12/24/2007)

My family and friends.....
With Christmas upon us... I would like to take the time to say... Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. This year has been terribly trying for me... but up until four nights ago.. I didnt see any reason for it changing. I wanted to share a personal story here.. with those I love.
I work with close to a thousand young adults in a High School.. and there are many bad one's... and a few good one's. One of these lovely young ladies happened to befriend my daughter during Her Freshman year last year. Tina was 16, a Junior... and my daughter was 14. Both She and my daughter were talented singer's and rival's for all competetions.. yet they both maintained the integrity and grace to take it all in stride.. even laughed when one beat out the other. A year ago... my daughter's friend.. whom I had become quite close to... suddenly started vomiting in class... She complained of a massive headache. She was quickly rushed to the emergency room where it was determined She suffered an AVM. Arterio-Venous Malformation... an abnormal collection of blood vessle's in the brain and one had ruptured. The Doctor's said Tina would never walk, talk, eat without a feeding tube...sing or be able to function again. It has been a long road of surguries.. up and downs... tears and laughter. It is amazing to watch as Tina is now home.. one year later... walking with assistance... eating anything She wants without a tube... and She just started to say the most beautiful word ever... No ! Four nights ago was the School's annual Winter Chorus Concert.. and Tina came decked in Her wheelchair. Her once long beautiful hair still short from being shaved from all the brain surgeries... but a smile that could melt your heart. She sat behind me as I was in the last row.. and I could listen to Her squeels and breathing of excitment.... She KNEW where She was.. and She knew why. You can tell that Tina suffered brain damage by Her appearance but somewhere inside.. is that beautiful young girl.. fighting to get out. As the last song for the night came up.. Alleluia Alleluia (choir). Tina's friends... wheeled Her down to the stage.. lifted Her up in Her chair and brought Her up on the stage to be a part of the final song. There was not a dry eye in the house.. I tell you. I watched Tina smile and look at all Her friends... and damm it if She didnt try to sing !!! All of us were there for our children.. but in one breif moment.. we were all Tina's Mother and friend. The warmth that spanned the room... the hope for miracles and the blessings bestowed upon this young Woman touched all our hearts. I left the school that night with a new found love... of God and people. My own problems had been erased and I felt something within that I still carry today... four days later. I hope it continues.
My wish for all of you is such that you remember to laugh.. remember to cry and remember no matter how bad it gets... there is always something worse. You... are loved.
Please be safe this holiday season. My thoughts and love go to each and every one of you. I love you.
Wishes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....
Peace.. love and God bless...
~ Amber

No comments: