So... my mood had not lightened... dispite the fact that Jerus had... worked me over to the point of passing out. I sought the comfort of the only place where I could have my questions answers and my thoughts cleared. No one seemed able to penetrate this new wall that has risen.
The River of Souls... a place I created over 10 turnings ago. It is my place of.... meditation... relaxation. But some would wonder why I find such a terrible place so comforting. Across the river at this hidden bend in the terrain... lies the mists and forbidden grounds that one only touches when they cross to ride the skies. This particular spot is close to the Black Mask camp.. so it is well hidden and rarely ventured to by anyone that isnt Clan.
I was sitting quietly by the water's bank... the water churning as it always does... even on the calmest of days. The mists rolled and swirled with the shadows that walked within. They taunt me at times... bidding me to cross the water and into their embrace. Tonight was a night they almost had me lifting and stepping into the water. That is... until a kaiila rode up and caught my attention. A young Man dressed in black leathers slid from the saddle. His face bore a single red scar... but I had never seen Him before. He was no more than 20 turnings. My guards stayed near as an OR approached and advised the Man had been removed of weapons till He could be confirmed as a guest. I was cautious... and kept close to Jax and Jort... they had their eyes rivited on me. This young Man.. Requeim, He said His name was... was searching for family of the past. When I inquired of His parents... He said the names and I nearly fell over into the water. I swear I heard the shadows laughing. He was respectful and offered assistance in standing back up. When I did gather my feet under me... I could not stop pacing. I knew this young Man's Father and Uncle... but did not reveal my connection. There is more information to be gathered. We did talk well into the late Ahn's of the night... of the past and the People. I was thankful for the distraction of my thoughts and for the small time I was allowed to rest.
After He left and Jax and Jort escorted me back to my wagon... I had time to think about the dream. Was this the one the voice spoke of? More so... was it a warning?
Cruel fate... dispicable taunting... why cant anything be cut and dry?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment