Yesterday..... I sat in the Harigga for countless hours. I was on the platform... alone. Seemed I was the only one in the Harigga also. Of course... now and then I would venture to the little girl's wagon, or inside mine for alittle bit.. then back out to sit... wait... stand... sit... wait.. stand....sit...wait... stand.....sit wait.. yeah.. it was that exciting. Well.. sometimes.. I watched Jax and Jort.. who have become bookends to me... swat flies or be bothered by a bee.. that proved interesting for about 3 Ehn.
At one point late in the day I decided to get some supplies for the wagon. When I exited.. Kam was seen in His wagon. He tried to help me with the armfull of stuff I had gathered... that seemed to want to fall to the ground than arrive at my wagon. Tarra came not long after. There was a discussion of the prior day... somethings were said that made sense.. other's did not. I choose not to investigate further. Saves time... and energy. It's also easier to say... Im always wrong... your always right. Makes them happy... makes less for arguements. Because no matter what I do.. Im wrong. Mind you.. sometimes what I do doesnt have a good reason... but sometimes it does. Clearly... I was again wrong, when I was told that I put strangers above Tribe. I tried to reason this out rationally. I wondered... just because someone is not part of our little Harigga... that makes them a stranger... because.. the Tribe doesnt know them? Yet... they are Tuchuk.. living on a piece of land as Tuchuks.. and they are considered strangers. Hmmmm... ok. Now.. does this mean that... Jerus' extended family.. who also are not part of our Tribe... are in turn also strangers? Is every Tuchuk that lives outside our Tribe ... now also a stranger? Further investigation.. I asked the Elder to the clan... what is the definition of Tribe? To which I was told.... A unit of sociopolitical organization consisting of a number of families, clans, or other groups who share a common ancestry and culture and among whom leadership is typically neither formalized nor permanent. Ahhhhh ok ! Fantastic... I understand now. A group that shares a common ancestry and culture... consiting of a number of families.
Now here's the hard part. Yes.. Tribe above all. How do we as people grow our Tribe? Increase our number's so we remain.. a Tribe? We must produce offspring. Sometimes that is within the immediate Tribe.. sometimes.. it is not. So conceivably.. it is safe to say that although we pledge our devotion to a certain Tribe... most of us were not exactly born in the current Tribe we serve. I am of the Hawks Tribe, born of them, raised and when their numbers dwindled, I searched for another Tribe. Which led me to the current Tribe, which was Jerus' tribe. Now does that mean if any off spring from the original Hawks tribe, who are Tuchuk, just living a distance from our Tribe... are not Tuchuk and are considered strangers? Certainly not. They are Tuchuk... part of the Tuchuk plains... as vast and beautiful as they are... there are some we just dont see as time and distance keeps them in their Tribe and us in ours. I have discovered more of my family. No they arent part of my Tribe. Would I like them to be? Yes... very much so. They choose not to be part of this small group.. but remain part of their Tribe. If they lived in cities... or off the plains.. then I most definately would understand the hesitation to visit. Where is my loyality??? With my Tribe. I would fight and die for them. But there is no war now.. we are at peace. And just because I want to visit with family... doesnt mean I am abandoning my Tribe or putting them above my Tribe. I simply wished to visit with those that were a distance away from our Harigga.
It was made further clear to me last night that I will be going nowhere.. doing nothing... and saying nothing without an escort. My wagon will be my playground until Jerus returns. If I disobey on this.. Jerus will be told of my troubles. Ahhh blackmail......
So while everyone is off doing what they are doing.. visiting who they want to visit... working where they are working... I will sit.. alone in my assigned seat... waiting.
Yeah... its just... THAT GOOD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment