Thursday, October 2, 2008

Page 146 (7/17/2007) A place for everything

I had thought another night of pacing and avoidance of dreams was in store for me. As the 9th Ahn approached.. I could do no more than to lay down and rest in the furs. Relaxing ever so slightly... I thought back to the day. The children had all worked on their saddles.. cleaning and oiling them.. while I sat and watched with an ever lasting supply of blackwine. Their smiling faces keep me going.. and the waiting for Jerus to return.. day by day grows more needfull. Just before the 10th Ahn... I had rolled to my side and closed my eyes for a few moments rest. The silence was deafening... which.. when I felt arms wrap around me and me being pulled back.. I was startled. The warmth of the air was no match for His body.. and my lack of strenght nothing against His. He was tired... He smelled like the plains.. dusty and that of the wind. I was easily rolled over to face Him. My eyes met His and I smiled for no words could be spoken. His lips touched mine... fingers stroked the blood red ribbons of my hair and tucked it behind my ear. The back of His hand caressed my cheek and I could see my reflection in the depths of His icy blue eyes. The darkness was not able to hide the love between us. My breath was taken when He kissed me and more so when He lay me beside Him.. and pulled me tightly to His body. I felt the tension leave His body... His eyes closed.. a smile remained on His lips.. and His breathing slowed. But the grip on me never relented... not once... I fear I will have bruises from how tightly He held me. It told me much... He had missed me... perhaps more than I missed Him. And as His breathing passed in slow even rhythms over my neck... I realized... how lucky I was to be this Man's Woman. I quickly submitted to sleep and when the nightmares threatened to invade my dreams.. I felt Him squeeze me... I felt the warmth of breath over my ear... I felt kisses to my neck... even in His sleep... He protected me. I was never so thankful for this night.
Jerus... had come home.

No comments: