Word came fast of the salt shortage. I ran to the main fires as soon as I heard the news. Mostly everyone had gathered. And when the chips are down... the Tuchuk band together. The Men.. Fonce... Kam and Shi and the new guy... started their side of a plan. Shi would scout out places for salt on His Tarn... Fonce and Kam were left in a battle of who's gonna watch who. Falon and I banded together and came up with a plan to make a tablet of herbs that would help the young and elderly with there potassium intake and aid in warding off dehydration. The rest of us would eat the salt jerky... as for me. I plan to give mine to the other's.
So with Falon and slaves making the paste of herbs... I will be forming the tablets. Dash and Cana will be coating the tablets with honey for easier swallowing and taste. Kai and company will be wrapping the tablets for distrubution. I had noted Tarra would help me... being She hadnt been around I didnt want to NOT include Her in case She showed up... but I feel I made a grave mistake in assuming. Didnt do it on purpose.. just wanted to include Her should She wish it. I will work extra hard now... but the time spent working will be better than sitting around brooding. Kam gave us use of one of His large wagons for the smaller children so we dont have to worry about them. Shanay said She will cook for us workers and the kids... and help babysit. Once the distrubution of the tablets are given out.. Shanay will also tend one of Falon's medical wagons readied for any allergic reactions. Jax... Rook and the Breaded Tuchuk will guard the kids wagon... making sure not one little foot steps outside unattended. sosa will help with the kids between helping Kai with the wrapping. raven has the most important job in my eyes... the making and keeping up of constant blackwine. I suggested a constant IV infusion.. that seemed to go over well.
I rode out this afternoon to an old supply wagon where I store the necessary things to make these tablets. Brought them back to my wagon and set up shop. All available lanterns are out... and ready. Now if I can just get myself in gear for this long haul.
By the way... Im pleased to announce I am the current title holder of the best Tuchuk hair.. and according to Sareshshshhhieeee... my ass is in the running for Dashie's title... after a good pinch and squeeze...
Somehow... I cant get the words out of my head... and each time I think of them.... I howl.....
"Flat-ass Falon"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment