Where and how it all went wrong... I dont know. It happened before I could stop it... or even say anything. Why Shi decided to lop off the new prospects hair... sheshhh I just dont know. Now... there was a time way way back when.. a certain Ubara used to make whips from hair. When I saw the prospect run from the fires and eventually make Her way to Fonce to whine and cry... I decided not to let the hair go to waste. So.. I picked it up and put in on the platform of my wagon. I had once been told there were no "Gorean cell phones" so... how this news travelled so fast and was taken into play is beyond me. But... not my problem. Everyone there was in shock over what Shi did... this included myself. I had heard a bit of disrespect from the Woman... I even asked who spoke for Her.. and no one, not even She could or did say. Then the teasing of how dangerous hair as long as Her's was... I was included in the teasing.. but then out came the blade and Shi just hacked it off. I dont agree with what He did... and I dont agree with the punishment.. but that is just my opinion. Again... not my problem. What bothered me the most were the words and attitude of one that is supposed to know better. Standing there so coy and snippy. Cutting glances and laughing... lowering Herself to a level so unbecomming of one with much higher standards. I felt disrespected by Her... I still do. My opinion has been lowered of Her. It was like a switch went off and She changed to suit other's around Her. I know this not to be true of Her... and that also hurts me. I was embarassed for Her family and for Her clan... but it is something Im told to get use to.
Personally had it been anyone other than Shi... I dont think such a big deal would have come of it.. at least not as bad as it became. I listened to everything everyone said and I will agree to disagree on a few things. Fonce and Tarra.. and Her children believe that one's spirit is in their hair. This I do not agree with completely.. but I do not down them for their belief's either. I am one that believes my spirit is within me. Perhaps my attitude and my vanity is in my hair... but what makes me .. me.. is not my hair. I do not bleed if I cut my hair. I do not die.. if I cut my hair. I do not change being Silken.. if my hair is short or long. I am not going to wither away to dust if my hair is gone. My spirit is still within me. Once your spirit is removed.. your dead... if your hair is removed.. your bald... it's shorter... but it grows back. It must be a Spex thing.. and I can understand completely. Just different points of ideals. It changes nothing towards them.
I have seen the influx of new prospects and worry just as the other's do. But perhaps for different reasons. There seems to be one common person these new commers are after... who they will speak to.. who they seek out.. and only show up at the fires when this person is there. And there hasnt been a Tribe vote on the status of these prospects in many years now. It seems who gets to make Tribe is in the hands of one person.. not the whole group as it once was. Where this factor left and why.. is another unanswered question.
For now.. I just sit back and watch.. listen.. and wait. You learn and see much of people that you never suspected. But eventually.. everyone's true colors emerge. Some.. I am very shocked over.. other's I knew it all along.
It's never boring around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment