Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 225 (11/8/2007) Special education

Somehow... I found myself sleep walking... at least I think so.. cause I showed up at the fires and Kaioba spotted me before I even got a chance to realize where the hell I was. We laughed about it though... after I checked to make sure I was dressed... who knew at that point. So yes I did have my cloak and my boots... hair was braided... it was good. I listened to the banter of the people gathered for a time before Saresh asked His ward, Arigh if She had been looked over after being hurt in the storms. I figured anyone in that much pain or hurt would seek out a healer.. unless.. they were simply looking for sympathy. I did not dwell on this situation until Saresh made another hint to the injury. I asked if the Woman had been hit in the head. I got a no. She had received an injury to the ribs. Well.. She seemed to be breathing ok... but as a favor to Saresh I did ask a few more questions and then proceeded to ask this Woman to lift Her arms over Her head... if She could. To everyone's shock... mostly.. mine.. this Woman simply lifted and walked away.. disappearing from the fire like Her ass was burning. Well... if my nose was twisted. Talk about disrespect. If the girl wasnt comfortable in the situation.. She could have said so. I'd have respected Her more that way. I had to look around and see if perhaps something was wrong.... and all I saw were shaking heads. Kai spoke first... about how rude it was. I simply explained to Saresh that if He wished to keep His ward from eminant harm.. mainly.. my wrath... She should be warned of walking away from people. Not that I am tooting my own boskhorn.. but I am an Elder.. flawed and cracked... but I am none the less. If I had the strenght to get up and go after the Wench... I would have grabbed Her by the hair and dragged Her sorry ass back to the fire and shown Her proper manners. Saresh said He would deal with it... I trust He will... if not.. I would lose alot of respect for the Man. He doesnt seem the type to let some snotnosed girl walk all over Him. Kai said not to let the Wenches rude behavior put me in a bad mood. I did inform Her I was always in a bad mood... it is where I was comfortable. Snickering of course under my breath. It is when I am happy that people really need to watch out. My fly away temper was eased when I remembered something that Dakota told me.... "Think like the bosk, Mother... If you cant eat it... or hump it... piss on it and walk away" Good advice from a smart young Warrior.
I hung around alittle longer before I headed back to my wagons. I met up with the slave boy I collared as the trip started. We talked alittle and he asked some questions about the Tuchuk. he was somehow under the impression he would be castrated... this had me laughing. Though tempted to play along.. I told him no. he seems to be learning well under the study of tanya. I have yet to complain about him.
Shi is still missing... I saw Him briefly several nights ago and once again nothing. I know He comes around... for the meat is fresh... but I wonder why He does not show up when I am awake. I have no idea what is going on. There is much He needs to help with... namely... Talia. She came staggering into our gathering of wagons.. stone cold plastered out of Her mind and smelling of paga. She was quite green and couldnt stand. She didnt say much... knowing I would have probably smacked Her into next hand. Instead... I gave Her a bota and told Her to drink. She fought tooth and nail with me.... after realizing it was more paga... yet I got Her to drink just alittle more. She had enough and begged me to not make Her drink anymore. I nodded and made up a special tea... but failed to tell Her it contained ground Brak Bush leaves.. which.. acts as a laxitive and cleanser. By the time She felt the effects and ran outside.. She was sorely reminded of the consequences of drinking. It was a good 10 to 15 Ehn before Jax carried Her back into the wagon. Jax laid her into the furs and I asked who else She was involved in this with... fully expecting the Breaded Tuchuk to be mentioned... but Talia stayed closed lipped. I let Her sleep... and would discuss this with Her further tomorrow. Wily showed up not long after and asked what was wrong with Talia... and I said.. "You dont know???" He shrugged and said.. "I was with Dakota all day, Momma." I nodded and told Him what had happened. Wily looked to His Sister.. then to me and muttered... "Like Mother, like daughter." My expression must have said a gazillion things.. because I never saw Wily run so fast. I went through a mirage of emotions... before I sighed and understood.. that... Ive been a terrible Mother. Is this how my children saw me??? Worse yet... is this how other's see me.
How the hell do I fix this?

No comments: