Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 249 (12/20/2007) You might be a Tuchuk if.....

You walk into the Harigga and see a slave face down in the dirt with someone's foot on the back of her neck and say... " Are you almost done with her? Im thristy... "
You might be a Tuchuk if... you come to the main fires... see two Woman beating the shit out of each other and say... " Now that's gonna leave a mark "
You might be a Tuchuk if... seeing a small redheaded, freckle faced boy riding a new colt, hell bent on tearing through every row of wagons with a lance that speared knickers drying on a clothesline and laughing His ass off while Mabel thunders along behind Him to reclaim Her garments makes you say... " I wonder if She leaves divits in the ground when She runs "
Yes... it was an interesting night. It was fun. Falon and I had a blast for the most part. What started as me wanting to tackle Fonce.. grew into an age old tradition usually only shared with Her Mother. I came to the fires to see Fonce standing on blue's neck with her face in the dirt. Now I wanted to tackle Fonce and give Him my customary greeting reserved just for Him... but I didnt want to knock Him off balance and have Him fall. Somewhere within this mess... Falon and I got into tickling.. then scuffling.. then teasing... the next thing I knew.... We had a knockdown.. drag out tussle. A friendly one mind you.. that resulted in my lip being split open in three places and two rather colorfull cheeks.. and She with a matching eye and a very sore collarbone. But damn.. that was fun ! Fonce wagered on me and Kam wagered on Falon. Needless to say.. Fonce won some arrows from Kam last night. I dont care what they say... I let Falon catch up... didnt want to just pummel the crap out of Her and show Her who's the best in a few strikes. I did enjoy tossing Her around and throwing Her to the ground repatedly. She was a wonderful opponent... and took it with grace though.
Kam asked to speak to me... it has been decided that He will be my new Guardian now... for reasons known only between us. It is the best though for all involved. I have no problem with Saresh.. but His life is taking a turn in a different direction that will keep His attention.. and focus elsewhere. I trust Kam and know that He and Chay will help me and guide me when I need it.
So yesterday was Wily's Eighth Birthday and Auntie Cana gave Him a new colt. This resulted in the Breaded Tuchuk tearing through the Harigga with His new lance... and spearing the drying laundry on the lines. It wasnt so bad until the ground began to shake.. rumble.. even the wagons jumped in their spots. Wily had speared a pair of Mabel's knickers and She was thundering behind Him to get them back. Mabel ran past me and sent me flying to my ass when something... an arm?? a large fleshy boob? maybe a thigh... I dont know.. but it hit me and I was sent spinning. We could only imagine the condition of the ground beneath Her pounding feet. Someone is going to have to fill in the potholes or their will be alot of tripping in the dark.
Falon gave Wily a new bow... when I finally saw my wind blown lil Tuchuk.. He wanted to run out again and use it. I insisted He eat.. bathe and sleep before this.. and I would ask Seth to take Him out to an open spot.. a very open spot and practice tomorrow. Poor little Man was too tired to fight this one.. which I was glad about.. and off to bed He went.
I was pleased to hear and see Fonce liked Seth. He even gave Him permission to whallop my backside... just for the night.. if I tried to kick His ass. This had us all laughing. Falon and Kai seem to like Him too and Seth is beginning to find His place among the First Wagons. There was a small moment of displeasure when a certain person thought to speak ill about me.. but I have learned a bit of tolorance and take it from where it comes. It was ignored.. and secretly laughed at by a few. Its not my problem that She is seen as an ass for doing it. For once.. I felt good about it... and didnt let a viper get to me. I held my head high and let it roll off my shoulders like the bird shit it was. It was very gratifying. It did pop into my mind though.. as Seth and I left the fires to walk over and say... "Here's your sign.. idiot" but instead.. we just laughed and headed out to get ready to fish with Wily.
Yes... you might be a Tuchuk if all this seems normal and functional. And if it didnt.. then here's your sign... Turia is that way.. and have a nice day.

No comments: