Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 261 (1/10/2008) Gifts and grudges

I must have looked the sight... crawling under wagons... sneaking the rows.. backtracking.. ducking and hiding. That's how my time was made getting to the main fires. I was avoiding Hallena.. you see. Her and Wily are having this on going war. Something to do with worms... mud.. and icky things. When She came to me and asked if I could drag Wily out of hiding... so She could beat the stuffing out of Him... I smiled and said.. Now Hallie, why would I do that? She looked at me puzzled a moment.. then added the most cutest and sweetest of... pleeeeaaassseeeeeeeeee? I chuckled and well I couldn't resist.. adding.. Ohhh but Hallie.. Wily likes you.... He rrrrrrrreaalllly likes you. Has He kissed your cheek yet? Well that little bundle of fire's jaw dropped....then She huffed and spun around and stormed off. This left me snickering. Cute. Both of them. It was moments later when Hallie returned... I knew not because I saw or heard Her... but smelled Her... one could.. a passang away. Oh no.. I thought.. another bucket of some concoxion Wily had made up... was this in a bucket over Her wagon?? Good Skies... so yes... off I went.. hiding.. slinking... sliding... scoping out my way to safety of the main fires.
It was good to see Cana and Tarra there. It seems the air has changed.. despite the influx of Prospects. I wont hold my breath though. The changes come faster than one of my mood swings... which.. I had again tonight. And it started with the ground rumbling and the sight of someone I thought I was ready to face again.. but in truth.. I was far from it. Shi had returned. In His absence.. I had tried to work through the anger of what He did to me out. Figuring the next time we spoke we could discuss what happened and why He did what it did and so on. Yet it all came barreling back to me like a hundred daggers sticking me in the chest and irritating my heart. It was not His fault.. nor mine. I see that now. Could we have tried again?? I dont know. He stayed away a very long time. Shi will always be my Brother first and foremost. I will always love Him. Had He stayed to try and work things out. Who knows. What I went through when He was gone... maybe changed me and my mind. But.. nothing could be answered as again.. in usual Shi style.. He just up and left with no words. I just stayed quiet and sat near Seth. Now Seth was beaming and toying with a package. It was wrapped and my curiousity got the best of me. I had to ask. He said He had a few gifts for Mia and Sonny. Great.. I thought. That's when Tarra started in on... What about a gift for the Mother? Ack. Eeek. Blush. Yes.. I blushed. How could I not with what was bouncing around my brain at that very moment. Seth is... well.... He is... rather.. attractive. And a smile that would melt the ice in the North. Both Cana and Tarra found humor in my blushing. I was just cold that's all ! The fire does that all the time ! errrrr doesn't it? Anyways.. Seth gave me a small package and said it was for me. I opened it and found a beautiful pendant inside. It had my name sign on it. He had made it Himself. I was just.... wowed. I showed Cana and She too said how nice it was... complimenting Seth on His craftsmanship. He placed it on my neck with the chain that held the pendant. It was big enough to not be dainty... but small enough to not be overbearing. I liked how it felt. I liked it more that He made it. Seth then left the fires to give somethings to the children... and I found myself staring at His... errrr uhmmmm backside. Cana found it fit to tease me.. just alittle. When I left the fires... I snuck back to my wagon and quickly inside where I looked at... and touched the pendant most of the night. My thoughts.. were peaceful and I fell asleep. No dreams... at least no nightmares.. and I woke this morning feeling.... rested. It was when I sat up in my furs.. clutching them against my flesh when I blurted out.... Ohhh My Skies !!! He really does love me ! Funny thing is.... I think I love Him too.

And it feels pretty darn good.

No comments: