And you thought today was going to suck bosk dinky, Silken. Ha ! Wrong again my fine red-headed Tuchuk. Yes.. those words echoed into my brain... I had perked up hearing the drums.. ohhh no.. not another death.. who was it this time?? Polunu?? Saresh?? Had they drunk themselves into a stupor and fallen off a kaiila? Died in a quiva fight? Run through.. pissing on someone's else parade? Nope.. neither.. infact the beat and rhythm of the drums were now different. Holy Boskshit !!! I said outloud.. and infront of Mia and Sonny.. who broke out into a chorus of Holy Boskshit for about half an Ahn... but I was too happy to care. Seth... Seth had made tribe.. along with Jaella. Now... I was happy for Jaella.. yes... but She just didnt make the hair stand up on my neck like Seth did. It was over.... His trial had been passed.. He made it. He was now Tribe.. and of the First Wagons. I looked where all my wagons were.. and the room that was around them. I would offer to have His wagons brought near mine. He could be on the right side as Jax was on the left. Sonny and Mia.. finally asked what had me floating and laughing at... well.. nothing. At least nothing they could see.. and I told them that Seth was now offically of the First Wagons... no longer would He have to leave once His duty was over and return to the outer wagons. The twins just went nuts... backflipping.. screaming.. running around... it was the most sound or movement Ive seen in them in a year. They asked if they could plan a special dinner for Him... I saw no reason not too. They enlisted Starr.. Talia and even Wily's help. Talia already planned out the menu with Starr's help and the two girl's ran to get some ribs. They were basting them in a special spiced sause.. which had to include some honey.. cause it was sticky and all over. Wily started to fix up a small table.. using some of Seth's tools to secure the legs. Mia and Sonny were in charge of setting the table.. it was all rather intimate.. if you ask me.. and I wondered just what my lil clan was up too. I finished up witha few patients and came around the wagon to our small camp... eyeing the kids with a grin. I called them over and sat on the steps. I told them... I knew they were happy.. and I knew they had grown fond.. if not attached to Seth in the past year. But... and I accented "but" not to rush things. Yes.. I had feelings for Seth.. and He had them for me... but I wanted to take things slow and see what happened. If it was meant to be between us.. nothing would change it. They seemed to understand.. but still smiled as they were off again.. cleaning up the camp and even.. taking baths !!! Seth would have a wonderful reception. I was happy for Him. I was happy for me. I took a breath and felt a sharp pain in my chest... it didnt last long.. and it wasnt the kind of pain that hurt... instead.. it brought the biggest and deepest of grins to my lips. My heart... was smiling. In one moment of sheer release.. freedom... my lungs were no longer tight.. my body.. no longer restrained.. and my mind was as clear as a cloudless blue Sky. No confusion... no pain... no agony... no torment. I could think.. and I could show emotion.
It was getting late... Seth's duties at the Forge would be winding down... surely He was finishing up and would be heading back here to get ready for His night duties of watching the children. I wondered if He knew yet.... I wanted to go to the forge and congradulate Him... but I figured to wait. I also wondered if... He would relenquish His position as guard to the kids... but I guessed that was in Kam's hands. Ohhhh I looked to the Sky again... and had to hurry. The girl's had set up a bath... and were urging me into the wagon... they were planning on washing and braiding my hair extra special this night... they even set out my finest of black leather's. I chuckled.. I would let them do this.. it was their night too. This was not only an accomplishment for Seth.. but it had touched me and my kids as well. Life had returned to me... life had been given to my children again. With one simple motion... itall changed. Before I entered the bathing wagon... I paused on the steps and looked to the Sky... smiling... I nodded... and whispered...
"Jerus... you had something to do with this didnt you....."
A few nods.... a grin....
"Kam and Tarra too??"
Shaking my head.. a chuckle rolled forth....
" I will... I promise... "
And I blew a kiss to the Sky...
" I'll always love you... my Wily Tuchuk. Thank you... thank you for watching over me. "
Stepping inside the wagon.. the girl's were a flurry of action. Clothes pulled off... hair unbraided.. oils.. soaps. I slipped into the water.. relaxing.. letting my girl's do what they wanted. My body sighed... inward and silent... and I think... for those moments... I fell asleep.
I couldnt wait for Seth to be done at the Forge.
My heart... was smiling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment