Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 280 (1/31/2008) Tripping the light fantastic

To sail on a dream on a crystal clear ocean
To ride on the crest of a wild raging storm
To work in the service of life and the living
In search of the answers to questions unknown
To be part of the movement and part of the growing
Part of beginning to understand
Aye, calypso, the places youve been to
The things that youve shown us
The stories you tell
Aye, calypso, I sing to your spirit
The men who have served you
So long and so well
Like the dolphin who guides you
You bring us beside you
To light up the darkness and show us the way
For though we are strangers in your silent world
To live on the land we must learn from the sea
To be true as the tide
And free as the wind-swell
Joyful and loving in letting it be
Aye, calypso, the places youve been to
The things that youve shown us
The stories you tell
Aye, calypso, I sing to your spirit
The men who have served you
So long and so well


I sat up this morning at the first crack of dawn. Hmmmm back in my wagon again. Ahhhhh yes! Now I remembered. Musta fallen asleep waiting for Seth. I was still dressed in the blanket He gave me... and OOOoooo a new jacket. This one wasnt like the first one that He gave me. It was long.. but not as warm. It didnt fluff up and bulk around me. Still... it smelled like Him. The chill of my skin had given away to a warmer calm within me. Snow had given way to rain.. then sleet... then rain again... stopping just a few Ahn ago. I remembered Him saying to stay.. and that He would come back here to be with the children. I remember saying No... that I needed to get back here. The rest is mostly a blurr. I think He walked me back to my wagon... maybe carried me... Not sure. It felt like... like.. dancing. When your body just moves and sways so naturally you dont have to think about it. If I dont get some sleep soon... some really deep realxing sleep... Something bad is going to happen. I fall asleep now and Ehn's later I am up... worried that one of the kids needs me... or that they will call and I wont hear them. Someday.... somehow.
tanya had my clothes. I needed to get them back. How would it look for my clothes to be in another Man's wagon?? Ick... not good. So with boots and blanket and longass coat.. I snuck out the wagon and headed over to Seth's. tanya was already up and making blackwine. I gave her a tug to the hair and placed a finger to my lips.. quieting her. "My clothes..." I said.. and she nodded.. damn if the girl wasnt smiling.. or was that a chuckle? Off she went and soon brought back a pile of neatly folded and still fire warmed clothing. Narrowing my eyes at her.. I said.. "Not a word" and tanya nodded.. still smiling. Off I went.. tiptoeing back to my wagon and safely within.
Boots and a blanket.. I laughed. What a sight. Crawling back into my furs.. I grinned and closed my eyes. It was a dance. It was a beautiful innocent dance.
And it was Mine.

No comments: