Were home finally... and Im glad. I like my feet planted firmly on the ground.. not swayin back and forth like a Paga drunk Tuchuk.. without touchin a drop ! So what started this whole adventure... I guess a trip to Turia. I did need that medical tubing so Shi escorted me there and during the midsts of the trip came a Slaver, a Tharlie and guards. Seth, my fearless sidekick easily took over the dweller Man's escort, killing Him as He sat atop the Tharlie. But during that scuffle as I drew my lance.. a cloth came from no where.. over my mouth and nose and darkness settled. I awoke to the sounds and smells of the Thassa.... yet could see nothing as the capture scent still had a small hold on me. I was able to judge the distance of walking by the sounds of the Man's sandled feet... memorizing all I could for escape. I blacked out for another time, how long I do not know.. but awoke in a house.. chained to a wall and being oggled. As sight became clear.. I saw the robe of blue and yellow trim... I knew.. ohh boy did I know.. this wasnt going to be easy. The slaver tried in vane to make me submit.. I refused.. I fought.. my mouth ran ... salt gag... the usual. Now here's the interesting part... During my.. hanging around... by chains of course... A Woman of this place I learned called.. AvianIsle entered... Ephiny, the physcian of the Isle... I listened well to the various exchange of words and concluded She was Woman I needed to get to.. somehow. I heard Her speak of the Tuchuk and it seemed She carried a fondness of a few.. I had my soft spot.. now how to get to it with this damn gag. The slaver once more tried to make me submit... leaning down and asking... Are you ready to tell me what I want to hear.. girl? Him using the term girl needless to say infuriated me.. but I held my calm.. His time would come. So.. I nodded softly... I noticed Ephiny readying to leave and had to make my voice known before She left having finished Her talk with the Isle's administrator Rey. The slaver Murray, removed the gag and as soon as He stepped back I shouted past the rasp of salt swollen tongue and throat... I am Silkenhawk.. Mate of Jerus the Tuchuk... !!! The gag was quicklyreplaced and once more my eyes watered to the sting of salt...but I saw in blurred vision the Woman stop and reguard me a long time. As my head was thrust forward by Murray.. I heard Ephiny speak to Rey.. the exchange was comforting as She warned Him of the Tuchuk... war... and worse... Jerus' temper. Rey then confronted Murray with me as His capture and so forth and asked if the slaver had raped me... Murray responded with... no... not yet. This seemed to spark a conflict between the men and I found myself suddenly set free of chains and gag and being hurried into the kitchen with the Women, children and slaves. I was then treated well.. given clothing and food and drink. I understood now that the Men were fighting in honor for words tossed. In the end... I had gained some new friends on this Isle... Ephiny...Rey and the young lil Cata.. whom I shall think of everytime I see my precious children. Murray and Rey were taken to the clinic... Murray looked like He'd fought a Kur and lost badly... He had little to no life left... Rey was worse for wear but would survive. As Ephiny patched the Men up.. I heard the words being spoken that the Tuchuk had arrived.. the city guard seemed none to pleased.. and then I saw Him... Jerus.. those eyes of Ice blazed now with a fire unmatched. A storm that sent people scattering rolled in those hues. I almost begged for the city to keep me. Shi accompanied them, being it was His ship.. He was the Admiral.. and I was glad to see familar faces. Words exchanged with Rey and Jerus and it seemed I would be going home without further incident.. that is until Murray decided to pipe up and toss insults to Jerus. Well.. slaves and Women scattered... I was pushed to Jort by Jerus and forced to watch as Jerus walked to Murray. More insults... the slaver trying to claim Jerus was armed... He was not. Jerus tossed His steel aside and said... I dont need steel to kill you.. I will use my bare hands... and so He did. Jerus.. skilled.. proud.. the deadly Tuchuk easily overcame the slaver who now lay dead... Jerus without a scratch on Him. How proud I was to see Him... my mate.. my love.. the reason I live... standing over the body of the slaver that had attempted to take me from my beloved and my plains. I was pulled abruptly from the clinic by Jort ... who had to toss me over His shoulder cause I was kicking and screaming for Jerus... Im sure the whole Isle heard.
Now aboard the ship that would sail and return us to the plains.... I sat near the bow and watched the glory of the Thassa. How beautiful it is... not as glorious as our plains.. but a true sight to behold. The quiet of the ship in the night.. save the creaking of wood and slight words of crewmen was comforting to me. Jerus and the men had secured paga as we set sail.. I stayed out of the way..letting the grandure of their tale be told over and over and thought how someday the story would be voiced with great exaggeration.. a true fishing story of men. This made me chuckle. That first night on the bow.. I did not sleep... I watched the rising of lar torvis that sparkled on the Thassa like a million points of light.. each dancing their song of the coming day. I felt tears well in my eyes for I had not seen anything like it. It touched me in a way I think shall change me forever. That something so simple... so free.. could be so beautiful. I had been there sitting for so long my legs had grown stiff. And I felt the touch of hand to my shoulder to which I turned. My eyes lifted to the next most wonderful thing I could have seen... the handsome.. proud scarred cheeks of my mate. His anger had faded.. and I felt my heart drop for I could see in His eyes the hint of fear in His losing me. I folded into His chest in which He embraced me and we held each other to the full rise of lar torvis on that bow for another Ahn. Jerus sat beside me and looked to me... His words need not be spoken for I knew what He wished. As always, He wanted to know the why's and hows... yet this time.. I believe I responded in a way that would have knocked Him to His arse if He was standing. I had told Him that I realize now my carelessness and fool hearty ways... my stubborn and boskheaded drives... and how they may at the time please me and boosted what I thought I needed to show... was simply dumb. I only needed to prove anything to one person... myself. For He did not need to see anything but the Woman He loved and cared for. I believe He was stunned.. but would not say so then... and with that famous smile.. He leaned and kissed me... standing up with a gentle brush of my hair in Hisfingers. He turned and headed back to the Men to discuss manly things. I watched Him from my perch at the bow for many more Ahn... the swell of pride and love could have shone the way in the night sky as it grew dark once more. Jerus retrieved me for dinner and we sat in silence.. eating... touching.. smiling... flirting. When the Men entered for their turn at food... I stood and Jerus with me. I touched His hand and then headed for the door... pausing in the frame to a look back at Him and the Men who still boasted on their conquor of the slaver. Palms slapped to backs and shoulders and I saw Jerus smiling and nodding with His Men. He looked my way and tilted His head.... He was asking what I wanted... to which I simply smiled and let the knot of the sari over my shoulder slip down my arm. His eyes widened and He grinned... I turned and headed to the cabin... sitting to brush those long locks of fire. As I daydreamed... I felt the brush stopped and a hand over mine in mid-stroke and turned to see Jerus. He took the brush and finished my hair and then.... lifted me into His arms.. carrying me to the furs. We would not been seen till mid day next......
ahhhhhhh the motion of the ..... Thassa???? ::grins:::
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment