It took this long for word to reach me of the death of a young girl I had befriended... Cata was Her name.. all of 3 Envars old. it was within my journies I had met Her and heard the young one's story. Upon my leaving.. I had made a braclet for the child out of braided silver and blue beads that shimmered like the brightest cloudless sky. I fashioned a letter " C " from twisted silver strands and attached it to the braclet. I was proud to have known the young one would wear it and with all my blessings for a wonderful life. yet now, that dream I had... is gone. The braclet was returned and with it a simple note stating that Cata had passed away peacefully. Nothing more... and with Her city so far away.. I fear never having an answer. Ive lost many in my life... but never one so young that wasnt my own. It seems such a loss... so painfull... Im not sure when I can recover. Telling Jerus would be the next heartache on the list. He too had a fondness for the child.... as He would His own....
I only hope Her spirit can rest and run free now... easier than it could in the physical body....
And it seems to me you lived your life Like a candle in the wind Never knowing who to cling to When the rain set in Your candle burned out long before Your legend ever did
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment