Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Page 59 (11/9/2006) Tea and ... trumpets?

How quickly the Female mind switches gears. I'd been enshrouded in the black cloak for days now.. and though the troubles of the prior night still swirled my thoughts.. I felt much better after speaking to Bo and Jerus. Im glad that the incomplete words (sentance) heard is understood what I truely meant. Doesnt matter what other's think, He told me. We know the truth. So while I observed the camp last night... I picked up the special sage from my Sister Tarra... stocked my medicine wagon with things for the move and any boo-boo's that might occur before and during preparations. Tarra is ready to bring that lil Tuchuk onto the plains.. I hope it's before the move... I hate delivering during those bumpy trails. I over heard Ina and Tarra discussing a white dress for Ina to wear for a.. special occasion. Ina needed beads and traded some feathers for some Tarra had. This brought me to remember my own joining with Jerus and the little extra's I had left over from making mine. After settling the Mask camp down.. doing a few readings and advising some of the Men.. I headed to our supply wagon. It took me close to an Ahn to find the box but once I did.. I was happy to see some things for Ina to use. I have a fist sized ball of string pearls that would make a lovely trim on Her dress. Within the box there were also some hammered flat gold charms of sorts. These things I put in a satchel and headed from the supply wagon and into the spare clothing wagon. Now Im not the diva of clothing.. sticking mostly to black leathers.. black boots and tunic's... but inside somewhere was a pair of soft white tabuk leather boots. I have no use for them... with the way I travel and ride, white isnt a wise choice in footwear. So... after digging around I found the box which held the boots. Along the outer-sides fell several small braids of leather with pearlized beads woven within the strands. I was sure they would fit Ina and was happy to give them to Her... perhaps as a homecomming gift that I hadnt gotten around too till now. There was one other item that I would give to Her..but not for keeps... an old journal from many EnVars ago to peruse over. Within it.. was held the stories of the Tuchuk Camps of long ago. A singer always needs new material... even if She didnt use it for a song.. it was knowledge of Her family from times before She was born. I penned a note on the journal that said to keep it for awhile and return it to me when done. The other box that held the gold charms and pearl string.. received another note.. simply that said.. " La-Vie.... " The meaning of these words were only known between Ina and I... but She would know who had sent the boxes. I brought my hood back up and once more hidden within that black cloak.. set out to Ina's wagon as darkness began to creep across the plains. I placed the boxes to Her platform and quickly faded between the rows of wagons. I watched from a distance in silence and with patience as anyone trained as I could. It was wonderful to sit in the darkness and reflect on things with the excitement of Ina's pending surprise to come. A smile parted my lips and a deep breath of the chilly air that rushed the plains taken in... I feel better.. much better... Im thankful to have the love of my family.. their support means alot... and one by one.. I will repay them for it.

No comments: