I sat at the fires of the Spex last night among the Clan. Ina came to visit and was of course allowed in... only a very select few are given such privledge. She thanked me for the boots and beads... I was happy to give them to Her. This morning I finished the sewing of my cloak. The hint of green trim now lines the outer edges and I also fastened a fur lining to the inside. It will still render me virtually invisable in the darkness as the Shadow Walker. Jerus has been wonderful. He rides His herd now preparing for the move.. checking on the cows and bulls... I have one special bull that I know this will be his last journey.. if he makes it at all. I named him Future... thusly apt' because it was the first Jerus gifted to me. He was an old snapper then.. and Ive enjoyed the EnVars with him. He has sired many offspring.. strong and true... and on those nights when the whispers grew to great for sleep to come.. I would venture into my smaller herd to sit and talk with Future. Perhaps the grunts and groans of this old bull comforted me.. maybe I knew what He was trying to say.. or was it just the fact that I needed my own thoughts straightened out. In any case.. I hope he makes it to the North to graze one last time before peace settles to him and he runs with the great herds of the sky.
I was lucky enough to speak with Kam last night before retiring to sleep. Whenever things are at their worst.. I know that should He be around He can always shine light to my problems and make me see the way. I am fortunate to have Him as a Great Uncle Grumpy. He explained things to me.. cautioned me and taught me much with just words. Wise they were and I was open to receiving them. I know now what much be done and what is expected. Kam judges and speaks frankly where as Jerus may sugar coat it slightly to try and keep from me getting hurt. It is His way.. and I love Him for it.. but sometimes we must all listen to those that love us.. for their honesty is true and said so as not to harm but help. Once more I find myself blessed with those that love me.
Ina will be traveling this trip North with none other than the Wily Bug.. The Breaded Tuchuk beside Her... Skies only knows why She wants the lil bugger with Her.. but Wily is already pestering to get a move on. He has since lost His infactuation with Dashie and has "Moved on to a more available Wench" I had to laugh when He told me this and also questioned why He gave up on Dash. He said that whenever He tried to crawl in the wagon with Dash.. Bo would snore.. and play the butt trumpet and even rolled over and almost squashed Him. He said He was sad but Ina was very pretty and She sang real good. He cant wait to show Her His worm collection. I did remind Wily that even though His interests have moved on... He shouldnt ingore His Auntie Dash and He promised He wouldnt.... He even said that He would fight for Her even harder now if Ina "Dumped" Him.
I hear Jerus coming back from the herds... and I need to check on Tarra before Jerus grabs me for the night. He is impossible to wiggle free of... but then.. why would I want to?? ::grins happily and tucks Her journal away.. heading out of the wagon::::
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment