Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Page 61 (11/12/2006) For the love of Wily

The air about the fire's last night could be summed up with one word... Wily. That child of ours.. though a terror at times.. can in turn be so cute you want to gobble Him up. I arrived at the fires to speak to Shi and Tarra for abit. Tarra is heavy with the birth of their next child.. it will happen as the Skies deem but from the looks and the mood of my Sister.. it wont be long. I have readied much in preparation for this birth. The ways of old will bring this child unto the plains.
Bo and Tayco came to the fires and we all spoke in a group setting for what seemed to be the first in awhile. The tension of the upcoming mood still weighted heavily on us.. but we took a few Ahn's to relax and enjoy the heat of the flames. Then.. it happened.. Ina arrived.. followed by that tiny shadow of a Tuchuk.. Wily. Wily went to His "Unka Bo" and asked for permission to be Ina's Mate.. now Bo in His wisdom of course humored Wily and the rest of us by teasing gently to the lil tyke. Wily had provided dinner for Ina.. via means of worms and grasshoppers... not a bad catch for a 4 EnVar old Warrior. Those about the fires ribbed in jest to Ina and of course spurred lil Wily on. He even asked Bo for a loan of Bosk to pay Ina's Bride price. Ina then explained the.. Tarns and the bee's to Wily who seemed adament not to play " Hide the Ost in the Cave ". Tayco.. sheshh just keep fueling lil Wily with idea's.. it was hysterical. But poor Ina.. I dont think She saw the humor in the whole situation as I had hoped and unintentionally broke poor lil Wily's heart. Bo seemed most upset over this.. Wily and He share this special bond that not even I can describe. Wily looks up to Bo for so much.. I guess He gets that from me. In any case.. Wily.. after being taken from Ina's wagon and brought to mine... exited in His bosk PJ's.. lil stuffed larl dragging behind Him along with that face that could have made the strongest of Warrior tear. He walked to Bo and told Him to forget the loan.. He didnt need it anymore.. and well Bo just melted as those precious tears ran down the red-headed boy's cheeks. Bo scooped Him up and carried Him into His wagon where a shocked Dashie got a surprise. Wily switched gears and was thrilled when Bo announced that He would share Dash with Him. I wish I could have seen Dashie's face when I heard Wily hollar.. "Move over Wench.. tanight ya mine." The wagon shook with the laughter that rolled from Bo. I still laugh thinking of this. Somehow I will have to explain that this wasnt one of my idea's.
So today I saw 4th son as He returned from Bo and Dash's wagon.. smiling as usual. I asked Him if He would be traveling with Ina still for the trip North to which He replied.. " Momma.. I touched Ina's butt three times... Just cause Im too much a Man fer Her.. dun mean I dun love Her still... Course I am.. iffin She let me." I smiled and asked.. "So how did you sleep Wily? " He said.. " I touched Dashie's butt Momma.. but She swatted me and growled... Unka Bo gave Her a swat back.. and then we went ta sleep. Unka Bo played the butt trumpet real good, Momma! " I laughed again for several ehn.
The whispers speak of something in store for me at the Northern Plains. For what I can see.. it is not bad but will turn out to be a surprise. I keep seeing the image of a tall.. red head Tuchuk. Perhaps it's Dakota.. or Wily all grown up.. but something tells me... I am wrong. I wish Tarra was up to sitting in with me... I just need to know who this Man is.
Well Jerus rides now back to the camp and I have dinner to get ready. Wily is out hunting plains urts for Dash.. I cant wait to see Her reaction.

No comments: