I had the chance to relax last night.. amidst the Clan.. beside the fire... and while sitting watching the flames leap so freely into the night sky.. I felt myself slipping deeper away from all the cares and worries. Sleep captured me and I leaned against a stump near the fire. It was welcomed for once. Not fought.. as I had for some many nights prior. As the moments before deep sleep entered me... I had the feeling of weightlessness and floating. The dream began and I watched as I lifted from the fire and began to soar the night sky.. dodging stars.. catching a breeze and gliding among the spirits. In a brief moment of rational thinking.. I wondered if I were dead... and heading to be with the Elders that passed... but soon allowed myself to relax and enjoy this moment of bliss and freedom from the body. I drifted quietly for a moment until spotting a cropping of rocks... I was soon falling carefully from the air towards what seemed to be a cave. As my feet touched the ground.. I could see the soft glow of light from within and I swear.. I heard joyfully laughter from inside. I stepped closer.. and closer yet... but something made me turn... and I ran. The faster I ran.. the more I seemed to lift from the ground and in another heartbeat.. I was lifting once again into the night sky. As I glided on the currents of air... I could see before me a figure that blocked out the light of the three Moons. My speed quickened.. and I felt out of control.. fearing I would crash to the ground.. I let out a small cry and the darkened figure returned my plea with a screetch. I recognized the animal now... a Tarn... I had not seen much of birds in this world.. but this one was well known to me. I flew gently then.. seeing the great bird gently flapping it's wings and soaring so gracefully over the lands. I was now alongside this great bird and noticed in the dim light that the feathers were of a snowy white. They seemed as soft as the clouds against a beautiful blue sky. I stretched.. I reached out to touch the soft down of the Tarn and it's head turned and looked at me... then it spoke. Crazy as it sounds.. the giant vulo spoke !
" Silken... why do you worry so. Do you not know that all things come to pass? Everything happens for a reason... Fear not in the unexpected.. but welcome the security of the knowing. " With the speaking of words.. the Tarn dipped in the wind and swooped under me.. I found myself now captured on it's back and riding with it over the land. I looked down to the grounds as it sped past view and began shifting over the birds back. " We are far from the plains... please... turn back. " I had whispered nervously to the Tarn... Having always a fear of being taken from the Plains I so love. In the distance.. I could see the shimmer of light over water... The Thassa I thought... so far from my home.. my family.. the safety and security of my people. I began to pull and tug and the Tarn's neck... pleading for it to turn around... and when suddenly we were over water... the Tarn began a steady.. steep dive towards the surface. I could see the reflection of light growing bigger.. I could hear the crash of waves... Feel the rush of wind... surely I would fall from the back of the Tarn and I closed my eyes tightly and wrapped my arms around the neck of the great winged beast. Fearing the impact of water... I braced myself and screamed.....the sensation slowly began to fade.... I felt pins and needles in my limbs... my ears were ringing. There was a sudden *SNAP* and very calmly.. I opened my eyes... I saw the Clan fire burning before me....crackling.. almost teasing me with it's warmth and dance of flames. I looked around... yes.. I was back. Lifting my hand to wipe a few droplets of sweat from my forehead... I sighed. " Just a dream " I whispered...Then I felt the soft brush of something over my cheek instead of my palm. Lowering my hand ... eyes stared in astonishment for within my grasp of waking consciousness was a single..... white ..... feather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment