Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Page 68 (12/6/2006) Older than dirt

Arriving in the Northern lands always marks a another passing gone by... and I decided to consult the year-keepers as to what date it was. Jerus made hints last night about today.. and so.. after speaking with them...I am faced again with this day... my Birthday. Im... ::::tries to count on Her fingers... and removes Her boots to use Her toes.. finally giving up::: Im just old. Last year Jerus gave me a beautiful braclet with our name signs on it... which as I look at it.. is still as lovely as the day He placed it on my wrist. Cant say Im feeling happy about this day... I still worry about Jerus' health... though last night He acted like nothing hurt or was wrong. He has the stamina of a young Tuchuk Warrior.. old man.. bah.. my foot ! I wondered why the sudden burst of energy He showed in a wonderful night of passion.... not that Im complaining... but deep down I felt like He was forcing Himself not to reveal the true pain He was in. We had our lil trists on the trail here.. but last night was... special.. very very very special. No.. He didnt let pain bother Him... and by His smile as He slept.. He rather enjoyed the dessert after dinner.. and well into the early morning Ahn's. Just what the healer ordered.. I kept telling Him. Sore is a good thing... a very good thing... well in my case it is. Having the nights once more together in our wagon is the best present I could ever have. I know He desires to ride the plains again and herd the bosk... but He must rest and heal. He sleeps with His hand on my belly... something unusual for us both as I normally wrap up in His arms... but He insists on keep that palm pressed to my stomach. I've been feeling drained... tense.. highstrung.. irratable.. and grouchy. I had hoped once we reached the North plains my appetite would return but it hasnt. I do get cranky when I dont eat... but I figure with Jerus not feeling well... the stress is just getting to me. I will force myself to have some broth tonight while Jerus eats His meal.... and dream of the time when all is well and we can sit at the fires together.. enjoying the air.. and the people. I hear Neill children bickering.. and it's time for me to crack some skull's... Did I mention mood swings?????

No comments: