Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Page 79 (1/17/2007) Silence

It's the darkness that chills me.
I spend most of the waking hours fearing when the light begins to fade. Watching it slowly creep away towards the black horizon. Ive tried to grab it and hold on... pull it.. keep the light with me... but each time I fail. Sometimes..... it plays with me... skipping forward for a brief moment only to dart back twice as much.
It's the silence that scaires me.
The black blanket created with nightfall brings the ease of sounds. Life seems to settle into this coma of whispers... like the darkness put a hush on words... or ... are they afraid of what lies in the shadows too?? What is listening from within them?? What.. will come forth??? It is worse. when I try to sleep... hearing the beat of heart.. the intake of breath... the chill of body shivering against the ache of caress. I can only look at those passing... and scream.. PLEASE !!! Make it stop !! Wont you?? Why wont you??? Please !! ..... please?? But the faces are empty and the hands.. void of caring. Only self loathing and satisfaction of tainted words and meanings. I dont want to go on... I cant go on.... I twirl around with my arms out but no one nears... no one cares... It's all a lie !! Everything... nothing !!! It doesnt matter.... ohhhh cruel darkness take me away.. finally.. I accept.. I accept. I am yours... as life slips tenderly from the body.. it is calm.. surprisingly calm.... now... I can rest.
Was it all just a dream..........

No comments: