Thursday, October 2, 2008

Page 88 (3/25/2006) Bosk, Grass, Sky ... and Mud !

I havent been able to get back to my main wagon since the beginning of the move. But as the rain stopped and the mud churned... I needed to check on the children and the rest of the caravan. With everyone well... I took a moment to straighten up the wagons... dry out what I could and find my old friend here.
Jerus and I rode ahead on scout. Conceivably I could have tucked my journal into one of the saddle bags...but I knew that the space within should contain an extra bota of water or some jerky.. something more life sustaining than paper. And Im glad I didnt... Jerus was looking for something to burn on a few of those wet..damp days. The traveling was nice.. alone most of the time with Jerus.. talking and doing...well other things. We even walked our kaiila.. and now and then...we were hand in hand...but always ever so watchful of the lands around and ahead. I could smell the new grass and air... it was anticipation that drove me now... despite my exhausted state. I worried for Shanay and Dakota. Yes Dakota was a scarred Man now and Shanay had a courter, but they had the job of also watching over their younger siblings. Wily.. would check on Ina... and I hope it was the other way around too... that little red-headed boy was "in charge" of Talia and Starr and so far Jax or Jort had not rode up to say they were killing each other... so I assumed things were good. Something about the dangers of a move... even in the children so young.. they put on their game faces for this. It was survival of the fittest. My greatest concern was the youngest of our children... Sonny and Mia. I had left them supplied with milk and in the care of tanya with half of my detail. I was only a few Ahn's ride away. The storm brought the greatest of worry to me. Jerus and I huddled in the rain... sometimes under our kaiila.. Alpha and Toronado. I thought at that point we would never dry out.
Before we took to riding point again... I checked on Cana....made sure She had tea's and some jerky... I asked Cana if She would take the babies now and then in the wagon with Her... thinking the practice would be good and also so Sonny and Mia werent so distant from another loving Female. I stopped by to ask Tarra to again check on the three middle children here and there... and dropped by to ask Ina if Wily was helping out and also to check on Him. I am thankful for my Sister's... I know they will watch over our children as we do what Tuchuks do. tanya was doing an amazing job of running between the wagons.. carting supplies.. checking the bosk teams.. the wagons... truely truely a relief to have her. Dakota and Shanay are doing beyond my expectations... even Dakota's slave, jewel... is working out well.
As Jerus and I began our ride back to the point... I felt a swelling of pride in family and friends. My children were safe and learning the trials of plains life... My friends were all well and taking the bumps of the move in stride... Jerus was well.. laughing and stronger than ever.... life was growing... love was abundent.. and I am the luckiest Woman in this World.
See you soon... Southern plains !!!!

No comments: